Mabel and Emma

George and I shower rather quickly, only stopping to make out aggressively a few times.

Dressing casually, we make our way out to the car, and I notice my car is in the drive as well now. "Oh hey! Who fetched my car?" I ask, running my fingers along the hood.

George shrugs, "I'd guess Ringo, it's good, it was starting to look abandoned out by the road."

George opens my door for me, I kiss him on the cheek and slide in. "Oh, hold on, I..have to go tell the lads to do something while we're out." I nod as George shuts my door and runs back into the house.

After a few minutes George gets in and starts the car, heading off down the long drive.

I stare out the window, watching as the trees rush past us. George reaches over and places his hand on my knee. I turn to him and smile, placing my hand on top of his.

He gently rubs his thumb across the exposed skin, and I sigh happily.

"Where exactly are the things we need, Georgie?" I ask, looking back out the window.

"We know someone that runs an occult shop just outside the city. Her and her daughter have owned it for quite some time. They're one of us, actually." George says, trailing his fingers up my thigh a bit.

I smile, "that's so exciting! I can't wait to meet more of us!" I shift in my seat, facing George, "what are their names?"

"The daughter's name is Emma, and the mother's name is Mabel." George answers, pulling off the road and going down a long path into the trees.

I see little jars placed about, "they must have themselves warded as well." I think out loud. George hums in confirmation, "they do..they took off from their compound the day we...found you.."

I bite my lip, feeling a bit of unease settle in the pit of my stomach. After driving for a few minutes we come upon a decent sized shop, which I could only assume doubles as their home.

A massive flower garden sits beside the property, easily triple its size. George and I exit the car, he grasps my hand, leading the way into the shop.

The moment we enter, various scents assault my senses. It smells quite good, but it's a bit overwhelming.

"One moment!" A voice lilts from the back. George and I stand at the counter patiently. Suddenly a lively girl pops up from below the register, "oh George! Hello! I wasn't expecting to see you, it's been..what, 20 years? Then you just kind of fell off the face of the Earth." She walks around, me being hidden behind him, and pulls him in for a tight hug, causing me to grimace in jealousy.

George rubs his neck, "yeah, Emma I'm sorry about that...but..y'know.." Emma stands back from him, to my satisfaction, and lowers her head, "yes...because of her majesty. Have you found her? It always hurt me so to see you so distraught.."

I crease my eyebrows in thought, but am swiftly interrupted by Emma sniffing deeply, then saying, "oh, what's that amazing smell..."

George steps aside, finally revealing me. Emma's eyes widen in shock, and her hands fly to her mouth. "Oh...oh my god...______...your highness..." she drops to her knees in front of me, taking my hand.

I look at George, my eyes wide as well, and mouth, "what is going on?!" He shrugs, "Emma," he speaks slowly, "how do you know its ________? You never even met her..." Emma stands, and walks to the counter, pulling out a rough portrait sketch of me.

"My mother drew this when I was a child..she said to keep an eye out for her, and to get her immediately if she ever returned...and she has..oh she has.."

I finally get a good look at her face. She seems so familiar to me, but I can't place why. Her blue eyes ring out the most to me, and I try to think where I could possibly know them from.

The silence is broken by the sound of feet approaching from the back, "Emma, who is here?" A lilting voice asks from the distance.

My blood freezes in my veins, the voice all too familiar. I grip onto George's sleeve for support, his worried eyes train on me, "what's the matter, love?"

"Oh, George!" The faceless voice shouts, "have you come with good news?" The footsteps grow faster and my body goes numb, my grip on George loosening.

My eyes are fixated on the small door leading to the back, and my worst fear is realized as the owner of the voice steps into view.

The icy blue eyes bore into mine the moment she steps forth. My mouth falls open, my pulse dangerously fast, "You..." I whisper, and faint.

************

I slowly come to, reaching blindly around me, "George?!" I call out, and he grabs my hand immediately. "I'm here, darling. I'm right here..."

I open my eyes, looking up at George's worried face. "Oh, ____...are you okay?! You fainted, are you hurt?" He asks, helping me sit up. I notice I'm lying on a bed in a small room.

I stay silent, memories of her tearing through my mind. "It was her...she's the one...the one that.."

George furrows his thick eyebrows, "Mabel? She did what, love?" He asks, gripping my hands tightly.

"....it was her...in my dream..she's the one...the one that helped drink me dry...she was pregnant...Emma must be the child born from my blood...." the room starts spinning as my mind races through the memories of her feeding on me.

George grips my face, "focus on me love...it's okay..she's on our side now.." George presses his lips to mine softly, anchoring me to reality.

Emma enters the room, "_____..is it alright if my mother enters?" I stare up into her familiar eyes, my fear waning at her sincere expression. Finally I nod, holding on to George's hand.

Emma leaves and I hear their hushed voices outside the door. My breathing starts getting heavy in anticipation, then she finally enters. One of the captors that took my life from me so violently, looking at me, sadness in her eyes.