Endlessly Waiting On Me

George holds me close until I have no more blood to give. It isn't much, so the drug must be quickly leaving my system.

I walk over to Samuel and give him what I can. Moments later he opens his eyes, gratitude sparkling in those green depths I feared for so long.

"...you didn't need to help me...I don't know how you possibly could after what I've done..."

I hold my hand up, "this is how we should be treating each other...regardless of the past. We shouldn't focus on the bad, but heal each other. You may have done some....unfortunate things, but all you can do is learn from them...what's it going to teach you to make you suffer as well?"

He remains silent as he looks up at me, taking a moment to study my face. He sits up with a sigh.

"I'm...sorry.." he says almost lamely, "I understand what you mean...but..living the way I had for so long changes your perspective and makes you cold to how others feel. You don't care about their pain..find pleasure in it...I can't begin to express my remorse, but I just need you to know that I wish you would have left me to heal on my own..I deserve that much..."

I shake my head and wrap my arms around him, my lips at his ear. "We are one and the same. From this moment on the slate is clean. Everyone deserves a second chance. Everyone deserves a new start. Once things..settle down, I want to help everyone I can. I want to love everyone with wisdom and grace."

I release him and smile softly. "You're no exception. However, you should get cleaned up. John should be out shortly."

As if in cue, John walks into the room and sees Samuel awake.

"It's all yours." John says, jerking his thumb toward the door.

Samuel rises from his spot without a word and exits the room.

"How's this then?" John asks as he does a dramatic curtsy.

I grin, shaking my head. "It's okay, but you still have those bloody clothes. It'll be better once you're home and can change."

I rest my head against George's shoulder. "I'm thrilled to bits everyone is okay, and my parents and auntie are back...but I'm so tired...I feel just awful that I want to crawl into bed more than anything..."

"Don't feel awful, my love." George speaks softly.

John tilts my chin up, "they'll understand. We do, and we know first hand just how much rest you need. Especially after that damn drug. Let's just go downstairs and tell them, eh? Once tomorrow's sun rises we can start a new chapter."

I stand tall once again, "yes. I like the sound of that. I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. I want to celebrate their return so much...but...."

John wordlessly turns and begins to exit the room.

"Wait! What about Samuel?" I ask, resisting Geo's gentle pushing.

"We'll stay just long enough for him. Then home to rest for you." George says, pushing me a bit harder.

I accept his words and follow John's lead as we file down the stairs into the room where my auntie and parents await.

We're greeted with warm smiles as my mother rises from her seat on the couch. "Oh, John! You're looking leagues better!" Her eyes turn to me, shining with pride and happiness. "And my baby did that....my wonderful, wonderful baby."

She pulls me to her for another hug and I just melt. My fatigue finally catching up to me.

"Oh, dear...you seem exhausted, love...I think you'd better get home and have a nice long rest...we'll come along and stay the night, and we can catch up in the morning. I don't want any arguments, _______. Mother knows best."

I just chuckle, "that's just what we were thinking, mom...I'm so tired I can hardly stand on my own two feet. But we must wait for Samuel to finish cleaning up."

"No need to wait, I'm finished." Samuel speaks from the top of the stairs.

"Go on now," my father says in his stern-yet-gentle tone. "We'll be close behind, why don't you three head home right away. We'll be along with Samuel in a while."

"Okay.." I sigh tiredly, turning from my mother to embrace my father. Another pair of arms joins my father's, and my auntie speaks, "get some rest, darling. We'll be waiting."

"I'll see you all tomorrow, I love you all!" I call behind me as George guides me to the front door and down the steps to the waiting vehicle.

George drives as I curl up in the backseat with John, head on his lap.

I realize I fell asleep when John is shaking me to wake up. He helps me from the car and I blearily make my way upstairs and plop into John's bed since it's the closest.

Both George and John appear in the doorway ready to climb into bed with me.

"You don't have to stay in here with me, you can entertain my parents and auntie. I'm okay, I promise." I say with a long yawn.

I don't hear their response as I fall into a deep, much needed sleep.

********************

Hello, loves! Making progress with writing more! This chapter is a bit shorter than usual, but the next few chapters will be decently long!