Getting an Answer

"Tomorrow..." George whispers, lost in his own mind. I cup his face, leaning in, "Geo...it's going to be okay....right? This is the step we've been waiting to take...we'll do some more training today, and-"

He stands from his kneeling position, giving me one final look, his eyes glossy, then quickly walks out the front door. I go to stand, but Ritchie puts his arm out in front of me, "let him be for a little while, honey. This isn't easy for him...he's afraid he's going to lose you again, and he will not be able to handle it a second time..."

John crosses the room, kneeling where George just was, grasping my hand in his, "he'll be alright, love...let's start preparing, yeah?" I sigh heavily, wanting nothing more than to go after George.

My eyes shift to the door, and Paul leans to block my view, "trust us, dear, let it be..he'll come back soon. I promise."

I take a deep breath, releasing it slowly, "....alright.." John gives my hand a squeeze and stands up, "good. We've got a day and a half to prepare you. Ringo, stay here with her, then meet us at my clearing in 15 minutes."

With that, Paul and John head out the door. I turn my body to face Ritchie, "I really want to go see George, Ritchie..." He gives me a pointed stare, obviously saying no.

I sigh again, "do you really think he's fine? Why did he just walk out? I don't-" Ritchie presses a finger to my lips, "love, I know you're worried, but you need to trust us...he'll come around...with some hair-brained scheme most likely..."

I smile weakly and he removes his finger, gently bopping my nose, "there's my girl." I look at the clock, 10 more minutes until we have to meet John and Paul.

"What do you suppose they're going to teach me this time around?" I ask, braiding my hair loosely, then combing my fingers through it.

"I've got no idea, honestly. With those two it could be damn near anything." Ritchie responds shrugging.

I stand, and Ritchie follows suit quickly, "don't worry, I'm just getting a drink of water before we go out.." we walk to the kitchen and I fill a glass with water, sipping it nervously.

Ritchie glances at his watch, "I think we should head out now." I nod, setting the glass on the counter, heading out the door with Ritchie.

***George's POV***

As I storm out of the house, hot tears stream down my cheeks. I stumble my way blindly to the meadow, angrily wiping the tears from my face.

I can't let her see me like this..weak...vulnerable..I hope the lads can keep her from following me..

My mind wanders to tomorrow's event, a spike of anxiety surging through my veins. The fear of losing her again is nearly crippling to think about.

I can't let her go alone..but I can't go..they know my face best of all....my mind spins with jumbled thoughts.

A celebration for Mabel and...Emma! That's it! We must contact Mabel and Emma. This will redeem what Mabel did to _____.

I snap my fingers excitedly, the tears turning into a plan. I plop down amidst the fragrant flowers, folding my legs elegantly into the lotus position.

I clear my thoughts, letting the bad energy flow from me with every breath.

***Your POV***

Ritchie links arms with me as we slowly make our way to John's spot. As soon as we enter the clearing, Ritchie runs quickly back into the treeline, leaving me alone, and exposed.