The Dark Night Of The Soul

We travel in silence and we're back at the house in no time at all.

John takes me straight to his room, laying me on the bed.

The sorrow in his eyes seems to match mine. Fresh guilt washes over me once more as he tenderly presses his hands to my cheeks.

His thumbs wipe away the freshest of tears, and from the corner of my vision I see Ritchie carrying Geo down the hall to our room.

I sit up but John keeps a strong hand on my shoulder forcing me to stay put.

In just a few moments everyone comes into the room, the boys wearing mournful expressions.

I lock eyes with Emma, her wrists tied neatly with a rope in front of her.

I look away quickly, my gaze being pulled to John as he moves to address them.

I can't help the intense emotion that rushes back to the surface as George's lifeless form invades my mind once again.

"I failed....I couldn't do it...I didn't have enough blood to save him...." I mumble, wiping the hot tears from my eyes.

"I couldn't. I was too weak. George....George died...he's gone..." I feel a wave of hysteria take hold of me, crippling panic surging through my stressed body.

I feel warm blood drip down the side of my throat, staining John's pillow.

John cuts me off, concern heavy in his voice, "________...you need to calm down..."

"How can you say that?! You weren't there, John! George died! In my arms, he was gone just like that....snuffed out by the cruel hand of fate..."

I shake my head to clear the sickening image of George's unmoving form from my hazy mind. "I didn't have the strength to heal him...."

My heart is pounding wildly in my chest, forcing more blood from my wound, a headache gnawing at the base of my skull as I lock eyes with Samuel.

I stand abruptly, thoughts swirling wildly through my head as I push past everyone and grab onto Samuel's collar.

"Give me more of those drugs!!! You need to!"

Samuel's eyes grow wide with slight fear, "I...I can't, _________..."

I growl, feeling my fangs grow as I grip his collar tighter. "Why not?!"

"You lost too much blood already today, your mind and body are under extreme pressure trying to restore the mass amounts of blood you've already lost, and increasing that pressure could have dire consequences.."

"I don't care! Give them to me! I need to make him better...I need..." my grip grows loose as my legs begin to tremble.

Suddenly gravity seems too difficult to fight, black spots clouding my vision.

Gentle hands pull me away from Samuel, Paul's familiar scent filling my senses as he holds me close. "_______....you need to stop....you need rest......"

Frustrated tears stream quickly down my cheeks as I allow Paul to lead me back to the bed.

"Alright, everyone out." John says in a commanding tone as Ritchie ushers them to the hall.