The First Plan

The rest of the night stayed relatively uneventful, we slept, rather soundly, woke up, had a wonderful breakfast Paul made for us all, then sat down in the living room to devise a plan.

I sip on the tea I made for us, "alright, boys, we need to make a plan. He came to me again last night, and to be frank, I'm tired of always being the victim. I don't want to have to fear for my life anymore. I don't want to have to hide away here forever, relying on you and the wards to keep me safe. I want to fight, to take back our people and live in peace!"

They stare wide eyed, unsure on how to respond to my sudden rant. Ritchie places his hand on my shoulder comfortingly. George kneels in front of me, grasping my hand tightly, "you can't get so upset, darling...we saw that book too. Getting angry may cause you to accidentally kill him when we do finally find them...I can't lose you again.."

I sigh, "I'm sorry guys...I just can't let him control my life...again.." Ritchie pulls me into a hug, "we know, honey. And we're here to help. Tell us what you want, and we'll do it!"

I smile, "you're all to kind..." Paul places his hand over mine, squeezing gently, "we'd do anything for you..you know?" He turns his head to look at George, "how do we start looking for them?"

George bites his lip, "I'm not really sure..." I lean back into the welcoming cushion of the couch, pondering our next move, when my ears ring and my vision snaps to white, rendering me blind.

Once again, my voice comes out, but it isn't I who is speaking.

"My little niece, this is going to be the last time I can reach you..." I quickly cut her off, asking, "how are you doing this!? You're not doing something crazy, are you?!!"

"No, no darling, I had a necklace on that had your blood in it, but this is my last chance of contact, since there's no way I can get the other stuff Samuel is holding on to..."

"Why are you contacting me now?"

"I have information you may need. I heard some whispers of an event, it's a celebration, the celebration of Mabel and her unborn child."

"What? We set her free.." George speaks, voice filled with confusion.

"They must think you killed her in vengeance that day....regardless, I must speak quickly before they hear me..the party is going to be held at The Venue at the Royal Liver Building. Tomorrow, starting at 7 sharp. Arrive a bit late, it'll be easier to get in with as little attention as possible that way. They all remember your faces so there's no possible way to get in...unless you send-"

George cuts her off, "no. Absolutely not. We are NOT risking her safety!"

There's a momentary pause before she continues, "she has got to be the one, George. I'm sorry, I do not want her to go just as much as you, but believe me when I say, it's the ONLY way. Everyday I listen to them say how they're going to kill all of you. ______, my little girl, you have got to go to this party..it's very formal, so dress appropriately. Use that clear liquid to mask your scent. Use it very liberally, if they even catch the smallest scent, they'll be all over you in seconds. The only one that has ever seen your face, is Samuel. So keep out of his line of sight at all cost."

"What exactly is the mission here, Terese?" Ritchie asks.

"The mission here is to find out where exactly this compound is. Where they're holding us hostage. Then from there you need to plan an attack."

"How am I supposed to find out?!" I ask, a hint of nerves showing through my voice.

"With the power of persuasion, dear. It's quite simple, as the Psyche, you are exquisitely beautiful, it shouldn't be hard to get the information from some mangy, slobbering mutt."

George grips my knee tightly, and I get the sense he doesn't like the idea all too much.

"One final, very important detail you MUST follow: ALWAYS, always keep your fangs out. I must go now, be safe my love. Please help us..."

My vision comes back, and I blink rapidly at the sudden color burst. The boys are all looking down, deep in thought.

My eyes settle on George, I run my hand through his hair, "Geo..." his dark eyes flick up to my face, and all I can read in them is fear.

I feel the others turn their gaze to me, their eyes filled with worry and apprehension.