He Came In Through The Basement Window

***George's POV***

I walk down the stairs quickly, staying light on my feet. As I reach the bottom, I tread carefully through the darkness, not hearing anything the further I creep in.

"....that better not be you, Nadya..." I mumble as I turn the corner to find the window open.

My eyes scan the room, looking for whatever threat came in through the window. One of Samuel's goons, most likely.

I hear a slight shuffle to the left. My head tilts to listen for it again, but I hear nothing,

I slowly work my way around the shelves blocking my view. As I round the last corner a dark shape lunges at me, knocking us both to the ground.

Our low grunts and the shuffle of clothing fill the small space, and my fist connects roughly with the intruder's face.

"Fuckin' hell!" The man grunts, the voice immediately recognizable to my ears.

I rise to my feet, pulling him up with me, "John??!"

Deafening silence fills the room as he wobbles on his feet, regaining his senses. ".....George??! What the fuck are you doing here?!"

I pull him to the stairs, helping him up them and shuffling to the living room.

He plops heavily on the couch opposite ______, eyes closed as he tenderly rubs his bloodied nose. "Jesus Christ, Harrison...how are you here?! Where's _______??"

I say nothing, waiting for him to open his eyes. After a few more moments he finally blinks his eyes open rapidly, his eyes landing on ______ almost immediately.

He leaps from his spot on the couch, rushing to kneel in front of her, his hand cupping her cheek.

He notices the small hole from the injection Samuel forced into her, his thin lips pulling back in disgust.

He rests his forehead against her shoulder, remaining silent for a long few minutes.

I sit near her feet, running my fingers across her knees gently, giving John some time.

When he finally raises his head, he looks at me, concern pulling his eyebrows down. "What's going on? Why are you two here?"

I grimace, taking a deep breath before I start explaining the circumstances to John.

"Samuel learned that when we have a baby, it will also be a Psyche...so he drugged us, I assume, and brought us back home...to...." I can't bring myself to finish, but John isn't stupid.

He looks at her for a long moment before turning his eyes to me. "He gave you an illusion of freedom, in exchange for making a baby....."

"......yeah...." I close my eyes, sighing. "Where's Ringo and Paul?"

John reaches out and takes her hands in his, thumbs tracing over her knuckles. "They're back at Mabel's. I came here to scope it out, there are goons stationed at the front door, so I had to come in through the basement window. He doesn't have this place well guarded...it's strange....is he expecting you to actually do what he wants?"