The Cleanup

***George's POV***

I take a rag, damp with warm water, from Paul, gently wiping the blood from her face.

Satisfied with my work, I lean closer to whisper, "_______? Darling?" She doesn't respond. My heart stutters in my chest, but I shake my negative thoughts away.

"____, we're going to roll you over, okay?" I look at John, he nods in understanding. I place my arms gently under her back, my hands being immediately covered in sticky blood. I grimace, nodding to John and he places his arms under her waist and thighs, making a face that is a mixture of rage and fear.

I count, "1-2-3!" On 3 we gently roll her over, a small pained noise escapes her mouth as we settle her onto her stomach. My breath hitches in my throat as the sight of her blood caked back overwhelms me.

I turn away, eyes blurring with tears. John places his hand on my shoulder, "she's alright George...come on, we've got to get her cleaned up to start healing.."

I shrug off my suit jacket, rolling up the sleeves of my blood soaked shirt, "you're right...Ringo can you fetch a pair of scissors?"

Ringo runs off, returning in a few seconds with the desired object.

A soft knock sounds at the door and I flick my eyes up to it, seeing Emma standing there, bag clutched tightly to her chest.

"Hello...how is she doing?" I look back at _____, her back rising and falling softly with her breaths, "I...think she's going to be alright..we just need to get her cleaned up, and to close the wounds.."

Emma nods, "we...got what we went for at least.." she rummages through her back, pulling out a small slip of paper, an address scribbled hastily onto it.

Paul takes the paper from her, eyebrows shooting up, "this is..just across the river.." he says, looking up at me in shock.

"Bastards are in our own backyard." John says, grimacing. Emma clears her throat softly, "I'm going to head home, I'll let my mother know what's going on...if you need anything, please call us.." She bows and steps out of the room.

I turn my attention back to _______, taking the scissors, I cut her dress completely open, revealing shards of glass glistening with her fresh blood.

Paul taps me on the shoulder, I turn to see him holding out a pair of tweezers. I gratefully take them, "thanks, Paul..." He nods his head, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"She will be alright y'know..." He says, placing another warm rag in my hand. I look back at her, "God, I hope so..."

The others grab themselves a rag and we get to work. I carefully pull out shards of glass, thankfully there were only a few, as she didn't fall into the window too hard.

We watch as more blood oozes through her now fully exposed wounds. "I'll go get us a bucket of water.." Paul says, rushing out of the room, face pallid.

After a few minutes he returns with a bucket of steaming water, placing it on the floor at our feet. I dip a rag in and squeeze it out, then gingerly start wiping off the blood.

The task is a daunting one, the more we wiped, the more blood seeped through. I sigh in frustration, wiping an angry hand across my sweaty face.

John pulls me into a hug, "George...I know this is difficult but we've got to stay strong for her...just a little bit more and we can start to seal the wounds, yeah?"

I nod, pulling back from him. I grab a fresh rag, dunking it into the bloody water and wiping her back gently, the blood finally subsiding little by little.

There are dozens of angry red cuts crossing her back. "Let's seal these and let her rest comfortably.." Ringo says, kneeling on the bed, quickly sealing up a quarter of her cuts.

John and Paul repeat Ringo's actions, leaving just a small quarter for me. I sit gingerly next to her, laying my palm against the warm, freshly sealed skin of her shoulder.

I take care in sealing her final wounds, standing up to get a full view of her now unmarred back. The rest is up to her body to reproduce the lost blood.

I gently place my fingers at her pulse point, feeling it beat softly beneath my touch.

I gently roll her onto her back, removing the ruined shreds of the dress I chose for her. The dress I almost sent her to her death in.

I clutch the fabric angrily, furious with the situation. Completely disgusted with myself.

John takes the dress from me, his eyes soft, "George..don't beat yourself up. You were there for her when she needed you most. I know you wish the entire ordeal hadn't happened, and so do we, but it did, and there's no taking it back. She's here safe, with us. Not trapped back in that vile fuck's basement, being slowly killed."

Ringo pulls me into a hug, "you made the right choice, goin' with her and all..She's back with us, and we've got the address of their compound..We have them right where we need them. We can end this."

Paul joins in the hug, "thank you, George...for protecting our girl. You brought her back, and that is all that matters right now. We've just got to let her rest, and she'll be back to normal in a few days. Let's leave all this alone right now, and just be thankful that she's alive."

I squeeze my eyes shut, warm tears spilling down my cheeks as I hug them tightly. "She's home.." I murmur in a soft voice. Relief spreading through my weary body.

The lads release me from their grip, and I smile gratefully at them. "Thank you..." They nod and John speaks, "No, George. Thank you."

I look down at my blood covered self, "I'm going to shower, and get some sleep. We've got lot's to discuss tomorrow.." with that, I go into the bathroom and shower as quickly as I can.

After drying off, I step back into the room to find Paul on his side, holding her hand to his chest. His eyes open, and he acknowledges me with a smile.

I smile back, laying on her other side, I rest my head in the crook of her neck, pulling her other hand to my chest.

"Goodnight, Paul." I say, nuzzling my face into her warmth. "Goodnight, George. And goodnight, sweetheart." I hear Paul place a small kiss on her.

I place a soft kiss to her throat, "goodnight, _________, my little darling." With my final words, I drift off into a restless slumber.