Chapter 17: Monika's One Fear

Well... this one's gonna be a doozy. Don't worry, it'll end off on a good note, I promise.

4:00 P.M. The Literature Club, a year ago. Monika's POV

Well, well, well. Look who's back, Readers! Me! Monika Kōdo! It has been a while since I've last been the Point of View again. This one is going to be sad. I can break the 4th Wall just enough to tell you all that I love Yuri, and I always have, always will. This is going to be a not good one. I hate anyone even looking at Yuri wrong, let alone what's going to happen in this story. Now sit back, and read this story.

I see Natsuki and Sayori walk in the clubroom bickering about something, so I go over to them.

"Hey, hey! What's going on, you two?" I ask, and Natsuki glares at me.

"Sayori keeps on stealing my food!" Natsuki exclaims.

"But it tasted so good..." Sayori whines.

"That still doesn't give you the excuse to steal Natsuki's food, Sayori. Now, I suggest you should go to the vending machine and get something for her this instant." I explain, and Sayori looks at me with puppy eyes.

I glare at her, staring into her soul through her eyes, looking through her. She starts to tear up, and I sigh heavily, rubbing the space between my eyes with my finger and my thumb.

"Fine. I'll go and get something for her. Natsuki, what's your favorite thing to eat?" I ask, and she thinks for a while.

"I like rice balls." Natsuki explains, and I go outside the clubroom.

I head to the vending machine to see Yuri there, waiting for something.

"Hey, Yuri! What's going on?" I ask.

She jumps, and looks at me frantically, sighing in relief to the sight of me.

"Oh, it's only you. I'm just getting something at the vending machine here." Yuri explains, and I go over to her to see what she's getting.

When I'm almost to Yuri, I pretend to slip and catch myself on Yuri's shoulders, leaving her in shock.

"M-Monika, are you OK?" Yuri asks.

"I'm fine. Thanks for not jumping when I grabbed onto you~." I say, winking at her, which leaves her blushing madly.

I get off of her and look at what she's getting. It turns out she's getting a Maruchan Ramen pack. It got stuck halfway through, and Yuri sighs in anger.

"That was... my last quarter..." Yuri explains slowly and angrily.

I've never seen Yuri angry before... it's kind of scary, to be honest. Well, as far as this time is concerned.

I put my hand on Yuri's shoulder and look at her with a worried expression.

"Yuri? Are you OK?" I ask, and she calms down a little.

"I'm fine. I'm just extremely nettled over this... I used my last quarter on trying to get this out of the machine." Yuri explains, pushing hair strands out of her eyes.

"Alright. I guess I'll stay here until it comes down, then." I retort.

Yuri looks at me and taps my shoulder.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Why are you here? What are you getting?" Yuri asks.

"Well... Sayori and Natsuki got into an argument, and I have to get something for Natsuki." I explain, and Yuri giggles a little.