Chapter 20: Mid-Summer Dance

Yo! This is basically gonna be a chapter about the 4 Dokis, Retro, Seras, Schrödinger, Midna and other students at the Doki Doki Literature Club school. This is gonna go into some deep territory, even more so than any other chapter ever. And all I gotta say for the last few chapters which will be coming up in around chapter 100 or so... try not to cry.

6:09 A.M. Monika's POV

I woke up to the sound of Yuri sleeping next to me, and I couldn't resist looking at her.

Looks cute, huh, Readers?

I stroke Yuri's soft lavender hair, and she turns over in her sleep. I kiss her cheek and go downstairs to find nobody down there... for once. I hear the mailbox open, so I go to check it. It's a letter. I head back inside and go to the couch to read it. I almost trip over myself running up the stairs to Yuri. I tap her nose, and she jolts awake.

"Monika..? What's the rush..?" Yuri asks tiredly, rubbing her eyes.

I practically shove the letter in her face and she reads it, her eyes shooting open.

"T-that's today?! We have to wake Natsuki and Sayori, posthaste!" Yuri exclaims, jumping out of bed.

We go to Sayori and Natsuki's room, but I stop Yuri from opening the door. I put her ear up to the door, and we hear heavy panting. I sign to Yuri that we should wait for them to be done, and Yuri nods. We put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the doorknob. Just as we walk away, we see the door of Sans's room open, and we book it downstairs. We sit down on the couch, and Sans makes his merry way down. He plops down on the couch across from us and crosses his leg over his... thigh bone...

* so... why'd ya try to be usain bolt runnin' down the stairs?

"Well, for starters, you scared us." I explain shortly.

"And another reason... uuu... I c-can't think of one... Monika, help me on this..!" Yuri pleads.

"No no, go on. Don't mind me." I respond, and Yuri sticks her tongue out at me.

"Uuu... t-the other reason is... I wanted to... hurry downstairs to read this note that came in the mail." Yuri explains, and Sans looks at us confusedly.

* really, now? and what contents dies that letter hold?

"Nonya." I respond, and Sans swipes the note out of Yuri's hand, scaring Yuri.

In response to this, Yuri takes out her knife and holds it to Sans's neckbone, scaring Sans so bad, he picks Yuri up using some blue aura and choking her by keeping her up in the air. Sans's pupils turn small, his smile gone to a semi-frown, and he's breathing heavily.