Chapter 100: The Final Curtain Call

"Heeeeeeeyyy!!"

I see an annoying girl running toward me from the distance, waving her arms in the air like she's totally oblivious to any attention she might draw to herself. That girl is Sayori, my neighbor and good friend since we were children. You know, the kind of friend you'd never see yourself making today, but it just kind of works out because you've known each other for so long? We used to walk to school together on days like this, but starting around high school she would oversleep more and more frequently, and I would get tired of waiting up. But if she's going to chase after me like this, I almost feel better off running away. However, I just sigh and idle in front of the crosswalk and let Sayori catch up to me.

"Haaahhh... haaahhh... I overslept again! But I caught up to you this time!" Sayori exclaims, breathless.

"Maybe, but only because I decided to stop and wait for you." I retort.

She pouts at me, puffing her cheeks out and poking her index fingers together.

"Eeehhhhh, you say that like you were thinking about ignoring me!" Sayori exclaims.

Wait a sec... haven't I done this before? LEMME TALK, DAMMIT!!

"That's mean, Retro!" Sayori continues.

"Well, if people stare at you for acting weird then I don't want them to think we're a couple or something." I respond.

WHY ARE THE ACTUAL GAME LINES BEING SAID?! I MADE EVERY SINGLE LINE DIFFERENT!!! Monika is going to be pissed...

Sayori stands upright as her normal dorky self.

"Fine, fine. But you did wait for me, after all. I guess you don't have it in you to be mean even if you want to~" Sayori responds, and I try to say something, ANYTHING else.

"Sure I can. I can call you a big ol' cookie thief! How 'bout that?" I ask.

Sayori crosses her arms.

"That only happened one time, OK? Your parents made such great cookies..." Sayori mutters.

"...they were Chips Ahoy, Sayori." I respond.

"So yummy, yummy, yummy in my tummy~" Sayori sings, "la de dum da"ing her way to lock arms with me before giggling.

"Whatever you say, Sayori..." I grumble.

Sayori giggles more and leans her head into my shoulder. We cross the street together and make our way to school. As we draw near, the streets become increasingly speckled with other students making their daily commute.

"By the way, Retro..." Sayori announces, breaking me out of my trance. "have you decided on a club to join yet?"

"THE LITERATURE CLUB." I instantly blurt, making Sayori gasp and put her hands over her mouth.

"Do you really mean it?!" Sayori asks, jumping up and down.

"Of course I mean it!!" I exclaim.

What the hell are you doing? This is MY turn, kid.

Piss off! I. Need. This. The world was deleted because of two omni-powerful beings who wanted to fight to the death. I'm NOT wasting this run.

...what?

You're as dense as ever, MC...

"Yaay~! This is gonna be so much fun!!" Sayori squeals as she hugs; no, crushes me with her arms and runs off as I follow.

The school day is as ordinary as ever, and it's over before I know it. After I pack up my things, I head straight for the club.

How do you even know where it is?