Chapter 102: April Fool's!

Monika wakes up in her bed, in her room, alone, breathing heavily. Monika instantly stumbles out of bed and turns on the light to her room, and it's her room, alright.

"No no no no no no no no...." Monika cries, looking around. "you cannot be serious..."

Monika looks at her phone. Only her mother and father are in contacts.

"Yuri?" Monika calls.

Nothing.

"Sayori???" Monika calls once more.

Nothing again.

"Zoe? Natsuki??!" Monika asks, now scared.

The closet opens.

"What the fuck?" Zoe asks tiredly, before falling on her face. "Ow."

"Zoe?! What the fuck am I doing back at my house?!?" Monika asks.

Zoe looks up at Monika before smiling. "April Fool's, sis..."

"You carried me here while I was asleep?" Monika asks, relieved.

"Yup! I had Yuri use a sedation on you so you stayed asleep all day long, and Natsuki told me where your old house was!" Zoe explains. "Heh, it's kinda funny. I've been looking for this place all my life, and I only found it just now."

"Shut the hell up, Zoe." Monika laughs.

Zoe nods. "You want me to carry you back?"

"Y'know what? Yea! Why not?" Monika asks. "Could be a good time to get some fresh air for once!"

"Piggyback or bridal?" Zoe asks.

"Bridal. I mean, it won't matter, since you're literally strong enough to do either one, but still." Monika admits.

"You talk too much." Zoe replies, picking Monika up in bridal style.

"Such cruel words to your dear sister." Monika false-cries.

"You know you love me." Zoe chuckles.

"Shh." Monika shushes, kissing Zoe's cheek. "Just get me out of this house."

Zoe nods and walks off, and Monika spots an old dog sitting in a cage, laying down.

"Hold on, HOLD ON!" Monika shouts, squirming.

Zoe lets Monika down.

"What, what is it?" Zoe asks, and Monika dashes for the cage as Zoe looks at Monika in confusion.

"What?" Zoe asks, tilting her head to the side.

Monika opens the cage, and the dog looks excited, wagging its tail.

"A dog?" Zoe asks.

"This is MY dog, Fang! I dunno how I forgot him here..." Monika mutters.

"Didn't you bring him with you to Yuri's house?" Zoe asks.

"...then how did he get back here......?" Monika asks, looking to Fang, who blinks, not getting up.

Monika tries moving Fang, and he slowly does, standing up and walking out of the cage. He's anorexic, causing Monika to gasp, hands over her mouth, and Zoe looks away. Monika instantly uses code to fix the poor dog, and aging him down three years so he's not old anymore, causing Fang to stand on his hing legs and “hug” Monika, his front legs around Monika's shoulders.

"Awww~, cutie pie..." Monika giggles.

"You wanna bring him with?" Zoe asks.

"Fuck YES I do." Monika replies.