{[34]}

Satori's P.O.V.

After washing the dishes with Amane , I was made to bring some paperwork to her. Geez , this hero work placement makes me feel like some under appreciated secretary.

I knocked on her office door , she seems to be conversing with someone.

"He seems to be threatened by Don Gasho's..." I think that voice was Swap's

"I see ... I'll forward this to Roots" Amane spoke.

Now I'm an eavesdropper. Something about this situation reminds me of something ...

Your pushing her ! Your only leading her to the same fate my brother had experienced !

Right , it was the day I was adopted by that wench. I just realized now that this place ... It was Grandpa's old office. Yup , talk about getting hit in the face with nostalgia.

"...Of course , I'll get a team to scope out the mountains. We might be gone for a few days..." Swap said and I think he is about to leave the room.

As Swap opened the door he looked at me. "Hey Kiddo , see you around" he smiled and left.

I entered Amane's room. It really was Grandpa's old office.

"Hey , if it isn't Neo-Nature" she said gleefully. "Thanks for carrying my papers. Being second in command is a lot of work"

"Wait-Your second in command !?" I gasped.

"Hard to believe I am" Amane said scratching the back of her. "From a part time make up artist to a pro hero ... What an unexpecting story"

"Amane..." I muttered.  Thinking about it , I never asked on how Amane became a hero. "I wanna-"

"You wanna know when and how I became one" She said and smirked. "Finally !. I thought you'd never ask. Sit down"

~~~

{[Amane's P.O.V. , Flashback , Story]}

I resigned from Miwa since I got tired of my job as just a make up artist and the fact I hated the woman. But I still need cash in order to live so I kept taking part time jobs.

Day and night , 24/7 , always work. Yet , they weren't enough for my living expenses...

When all hope was lost , your grandfather approached me.

"I see lot of potential in you , Amane"

"R-roots ?..." I was speechless.

"In return for taking care of my granddaughter , I have decided to guide you into becoming a hero"

So I became his disciple. Learned a lot from him. How to fight , how to use my quirk. Everything ... He entered me into an alternative heroe's learning course to beter catch up with the studies I missed.

Then after graduating ... Soon I fought side-by-side with him. Until I climb my way to 2nd in command.

"I never doubted you Amane"

"Its all thanks to you"

{[END]}

~~~

Satori's P.O.V.

Hearing Amane's story , is inspiring ... I was speechless.

"And that's how I'm here today" she said.

"I'm jealous ... You've learned a lot from Grandpa and saw you with Potential. I think he just sees me as a fool"I said , hating to admit it. "Even a gardener can grow plants well" Tears now flow down my cheeks

"Hey , come on. Stop feeling bad" Amane said as she walked to me and patted my shoulder. "You have amazing skills , you are strong ... And I don't mean your quirk , what I am pertaining to is your person. Your being too hard on yourself , the pressure's getting to you" she comforted me.

"Amane ..."

"Come , cheer up . You don't wanna train with your grandpa with pouffy eyes , don't you ?" She asked.

I nodded as a response.

"Tears , is Satori here ?" Shiozaki asked as she entered the door. "Oops , I must've disturbed something. Don't mind me"

"Its fine Shiozaki" Amane smiled. "I guess your done with training ?"

Shiozaki nodded. "Satori , Roots is looking for you now"

"Right " I looked at Amane and nodded. I then left the room.

"Satori ..." Shiozaki muttered as I passed her by.

"I'm alright ... Shiozaki" I whispered.

I then headed to the training room...

~~~

"Again , use your quirk to make these plant grow without touching them"

"I-I can't ... I don't know ..."

"You possess your mother's quirk and you cannot master it !? You bring shame ..."

"Grandpa ... Please , I can do better !"

~~~

Your pushing her ! Your only leading her to the same fate my brother had experienced !!!"

"My brother died being a stupid hero , I don't want his daughter to suffer the same thing as well !!! Neose has so much than just being a hero ! I'll raise her ,and show you ! Being a hero isn't the only thing this world has to offer !!!!!"

~~~

Dear Neose , 
           You will be now living with you Aunt Miwa. Forget about me and never reach me again... Erase me from your life , you are no hero like her ...

~~~

"Tch ..." I shouldn't be thinking of this stuff. I have to focus. What lies beyond these doors is my grandfather.

Moments from now , I am going to be trained by him. Learn a lot from him ... and... Be strong not like him , stronger.

Gathering up my confidence , I opened the door and saw him standing with his back against me.

"Finally , its your turn ... Neose" he said.