Chapter 29

*Jungkook's pov*

As soon as I heard those words my wolf took control over me. I was very pissed at my mate but what triggered me up more was Tae's wolf. He never stood against us. But for the first time today he stood against me and that also to defend my own mate. Knowing his reasons I know that what he did was reasonable but my wolf wasn't happy at all about that excuse. Nick wouldn't definitely share its' mate. I was about to charge at him but stopped when I heard his next words.

"But she doesn't feel the bond." he said in a broken voice. His wolf was long gone and now in front of me stood the bubbly person we all knew with a broken look.

"What you mean?" Nick asked through the gritted teeth. If it was someone else in his place that person would be 6 feet under the ground by now. But this is Tae. The first person Nick ever let get close to him beside his mate. So he want to listen to him.

"I am only the mate of her human side. I am her soulmate. But you are mate to both her human and wolf side. So she wouldn't feel my bond with her cause yours is stronger." He gave me a sad smile before he continue. "I know that she doesn't belong to me. I know my boundaries Nick. We never meant to be together. That's why I don't see her more than as a friend." I stared at him dumbfound. I don't know what to say. Nick backed away and gave me the control to handle this. Cause we know better than anyone else how it feels when you lost your mate. The same thing happening to the man who always held my back. And his case is worst compared to mine. He has to see his mate with an other man, his best friend in that. How could he bare this?

"But it hurts Jungkook!" he said a tear rolling down his face. " It's hurt to see her in pain Jungkook. She is my mate. I can feel her pain Jungkook. I can feel it." he said looking deep into my eyes with teary eyes. Suddenly he knelled down in front of me. "Please Jungkook stop hurting her. Don't you feel her pain. Stop it Jungkook." I felt a pang in my chest. My own best friend, the man who cheered up everyone and smiled in any situation is now on his knees looking so vulnerable with tears flowing down his face is begging me to stop hurting my own mate.

"Tae I- I-.." I trailed off not knowing what to say.

"I know Jungkook ! You didn't mean it. Yet unknowingly you are hurting her Jungkook . You have to make up your mind Jungkook. If you want her then man up and make a move to win her heart. If you don't please stop hurting her and let her go Jungkook." Those words hit home. What am I doing? I keep telling that I don't want her yet I am not letting her go. Why? He stood up wiping off his tears. "I am not a competitor to you Jungkook! I know better than anyone else how much she meant for you. Yet you should remember one thing Jungkook. The more you hurt her the more distant she would get. And the more distant she would get the more stronger our bond would become." With said those words he dashed away from the house leaving everyone confused. Great! My life became even messier. I am not only loosing my mate but also my best friend.

*******

*Shenu's pov*

I kept rolling on my bed unable to get any sleep. It's 4 a.m. and here I am in the dorm still thinking about yesterday event and staring at the figure that peacefully sleeping next to me. When Tae stood to defend me Jin oppa dragged me away from there along with Seguli and took me to the dorm. I insist them to go on their date night. But whom I am joking with. It's Jin. The mother hen of the group. He didn't even took a step out from the dorm. What about Seguli? Well lets just say that he found his perfect partner. She was like my over-protective elder-sister. Heck she even offered to crash Jungkook's car for trying to hurt me. So we canceled the date telling Mark that I got sick. Later that night boys returned the dorm and one by one checked me before they went to sleep including my so called mate. I found it cute.What they didn't know was that I was awake.