Chapter 36

*Jungkook's pov*

She stared at the three months old baby in the crib lovingly. Her dark hair and pale skin glistening under moon-light giving her a enchanting look. The ethereal beauty couldn't hold it back as she lovingly and softly caressed the baby's cheek not wanting to wake him up.

"I never knew that you would look this adorable as a child." she mumbled softly not knowing that this baby would grow into a hot sexy man one day. The baby lean into her soft touch finding comfort in it.

"Just wait nine more months love! I would be in this world with you." The baby smiled in his sleep when those words leaved her mouth with hope making her chuckle at that lightly. She slowly lean down and placed her blood red lips softly on the baby's forehead. She cooed when the baby hummed in his sleep at her kiss. She gently leaned into the baby's ear to mumble her last words before she leave.

"I finally found your soul after back so many years. Remember me Jungkook!"

I jolted up from my sleep with wide eyes. What was that dream? Ever since she left me, I am having these kind of weird dream. But the lady I saw in my dream today was non-other than my own mate. She looked really so different yet familiar in that dream. A soft knock on my room door broke me out of my trance. Woobin's face peaked in through the door with a serious face. My sleepy face scrunched at seeing my brother's never so serious face with that look. He stepped in and straighten his posture seeing me awake.

"A-Ah we have a problem Jungkook!" he said with hesitation earning a tired look from me. I am not in a mood to deal with these shits early in the morning. Well not exactly morning since I realized it's almost noon glancing at my night stand clock. "Get ready and come to the office right now. It's urgent." My brother rushed in and left the room like he got fire in his ass. Seeing his odd behavior, I decide to head there as soon as I can knowing that this is something serious.

Suddenly it hit me. The date! It's 26 today. The day my mate would return back. How could that slip away from my mind when I woke up cause that was the only thing ran in my mind last past days. With the new found energy over my mate return I got ready quickly and headed to the office to finish this what ever shit before my mate return. I entered the office not bothering to knock, knowing that they are aware of my presence. I joined the boys who are patiently waiting for me standing in front of my father's office chair along with my father who sat on it holding my mother's hand as she stood next to him.

"We received a invitation of a challenge for the alpha position like every other pack." My father said as I stood in front of him. I gave him a questioning look. Why he is telling me this? Does he want me to fight me and take over that pack?

"Do you want me to participate in that challenge?" I voiced out my thoughts not understanding his intention. My father never was a power hungry alpha. He was more than satisfied with what he has. He shook his head as a 'no' and I grew more confused.

"It's about the pack!" Suga hyung said who stood next to my brother.

"Which pack?" I questioned wanting to know which alpha of the pack that is willing to put himself in a great danger like that. A challenge? Why would he give others a chance to take over his pack? I don't know whether it was my imagination that I felt everyone backed away from me slightly. My father looked deep into my eyes like trying to study my next move.

"Dark shadow pack!" I froze at those words. My whole body went cold as I forgot how to breath for a second. It took me few seconds to digest my fathers word.

"WHAT THE HECK?" I yelled slamming my palms harder on to his office table. I surprised that it didn't break from the impact. What are they talking about? It's her pack. My mate's pack. She is not here. She is going to come back today. So who would make a invite like that? And what the heck that stupid beta doing letting this all happen?