Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“What is he doing here?” Duke said opening the door wider.

“What now buddy?” Charlie grumbled.

“I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to Valentine.” Duke said looking at me.

“He just wanted to come in for a while.” I said.

“Then why is he on your bed?” He said.

“How am I suppose to know what goes inside his head. Now will you leave. I rather not see you.” I said trying to push him but he’s too fat. 

They both started glaring at each other like dogs fighting over a toy. What? A toy? I'm not a toy.

“Ok ok. You two can get out of my room now.” I said trying to shoo them off.

“I’m not going if he’s staying here.” Duke said.

“I’m not going until you leave, child.” Charlie said.

“Calls me a kid when you’re the same age.” Duke said.

“Well I’m a teacher and more superior to you.” He said while smirking.

“You’re forgetting that I can easily burn you to like a piece of paper right now. You may be a teacher but to me you aren’t.“ Duke said.

“You can both leave and leave me in peace.” I said crossing my arms. “That wouldn’t be fun, Milady.” Charlie said.

Duke was mumbling something but it was so hard to hear over Charlie singing his lungs off to annoy me and distract me from Duke.

“You know what? You are both going to leave my room right now or I swear to god you won’t be able to have children in the future.” I said with a stern voice.

They both didn’t listened to me. I ended up kicking both of them in a place that you guys are all very well known of and kicking their heavy bottoms out of my room.

Idiots. Fat, heavy idiots.

There were talking outside my room but I ignored it. I had just wanted some peace now that Duke showed his face.

I felt my heart racing. Damn heart and hormones. Damn brain don’t do that.

After a few minutes of talking, they seemed to have left my room. It seemed to be silent. Just like it used to be. Silent.

Everyday for the past 12 years of this crappy life all I could ever hear was the silence of my room. The silence of my life. The silence of my heart.

Never had my room been filled with drama or any kind of noise beside the sound of my heart died.

Loneliness was the worst pain anybody could have and it was the only pain I could feel.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door but I just ignored.

As the noise drew more irritating it was so unbearable that I marched to the door and opened it.

“What?” I said glaring at him.

“I’m sorry.” Duke said looking at my shoes.

“Umm I don’t think so.” I said before slamming the door on his foot.

“Move your foot away.” I said.

“No. I’m coming in.” He said pushing the door without a problem.

I stumble back and was going to fall on the floor.

Warmth surround me.

“Wouldn’t want to injure that beautiful face of yours behind that mask.” He said holding me.

He pulls me up and made me very close to him.

I lose my breath looking at his green eyes.

He pulls me to him so that my body was touching his. I let my cheeks turn pink as the cold feeling of loneliness recited.

My body.

My soul.

My heart.

It didn’t feel died anymore. It felt warm.

‘What are you doing to me?’ I thought.

“I apologize for trying to force you to see my real face. I didn’t think you were the type of girl to follow the rules.” He said holding me tight.

“Why are you here?” I said.

“I couldn’t stay away.I missed the way you talk to me. I missed the feeling of your cold skin against my hot skin.” He whispered while stroking my hair.

“How did you know it was me in the council room and training fields?” I asked.

“Cause when I met someone that is different I will always remember. You always try to sees us Elementals as equals to humans even though we are not. The feeling of being different is sickening. I like that about you.” He said putting my hand on where his heart was.

“I will never leave you alone. Ever.” He said.

I look up at Duke. He stares back at me like he was scanning for emotions. I lean my forehead against his mask.

           “Ahem!”