Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“Talon!” I shouted glaring at him.

“Well that’s no way to greet your lover.” Talon smirked coming closer to me.

He had grown more handsome since we last saw each other but that didn’t stop him from torturing me. He had brown hair that was soft the last time I touched it and his signature light blue eyes. His eyes look so innocent that it could fool anyone but what they didn’t know that there was a hideous monster behind it. He was dressed in a velvet purple shirt, black pants until the knees and black booths.  

“You were never my lover. Nor my friend. You are a monster” I snarled at him wanting to take that smirk off him.

He laughed as he walked closer to me but I backed up into a tree. There is alway a tree. He only stopped walking until he was in front of me. I probably shouldn’t have allow him to be this close to me knowing the consequences.

“Are you sure about that?” Talon said putting on of his hands on the tree beside my head.

“I had never loved you and a friend wouldn’t torture another friend like an experiment. You use me like a rat to see how I would react to your various ways of torture. A friend wouldn’t do that. Only someone evil and manipulative as you would do such a thing.” I said glaring even more at him.

He touched my cheek. I couldn’t help but flinched at the touch. His touch was no longer warm, it was sickening and just plain wrong. He heart wasn’t where it should be. His skin felt like a skin of a snake so cold and had a weird feeling to it.

“You should be honoured that I chose you. My little mice.” He whispered into my ear.

“I don’t want to be your little mice that you use to experiment with. I don’t want that.” I said in anger.

“And why not?” He whispered like the snake he is.

“I don’t want to ‘belong’ or ‘owned’ by a devil who has no heart. You killed a freaking baby bear when we were like 5. No 5 year old would have done that. Only you because you are evil as they come.” I said.

Suddenly he banged the tree causing me to jump in surprise. He leaned closer to me. His nose was touching mine and you could see that the color of his eyes had changed from blue to black. The color it was supposed to be.

“I did it for you! I protected you! When you were hit by the bear! And you called me evil! Evil! It was all for you! I have always done things for you! But you never look at me the way I wish you did! I thought you will be charmed by my bravery!” He shouted while looking into my eyes.

“What you did was cruel! That baby wouldn’t have killed me. You knew that but yet you still kill it. Is this why you are causing so much harm in our hometown? For me! This is not the way to show me that you love me. This is a way to make me hate you and think that you are a sick individual!” I shouted back at him.

“Is that what you really think of me? As some sort of sick individual?” He chuckled.

“How about your precious Charles or more like little Charlie?” He said with an evil grin.

“Don’t you dare say his name. You have no right to do so. His name doesn’t deserve to be said by a low individual like you. He will always be better than you! Always.” I said fist my hands.

“Is that why you choose him instead of me? You always did. I wasn’t never good enough for you?” He said holding both of my cheeks.

“Do want to know the reason why? It’s because he isn’t you! He will never be you!” I said.  

Talon stayed quiet after my outburst. His hands were still holding on to my face but loosely. It almost made me feel guilty about hurting his feelings. Almost.

“Why are you wearing a mask? Why isn’t it the beautiful white color it was before? Like snow. So pure but now it’s brown. Why is that?” He asked dropping his hands to touch my hair.

“It’s none of your business.” I stated looking away from him.

“You always like to say that line but you know I always find out. It never works on me and it never gets old.” He said softly.

“Why are you causing so much pain? Why here?” I asked.

“For you. I knew you would come here thinking it was me. I wanted to see you again.” He said grabbing hold of my hand.

I ripped my hand away from his grip like it might nothing to me and it did.

“Stop this.” I said looking down at his shoes.

“Only for 2 conditions.” He said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“You wear this bracelet and give me a kiss right now.” He said showing me a silver bracelet.

“What is it?” I asked again.

“This bracelet is my new experiment. I want to see how you react to it. Don’t worry it won’t kill you or use your powers if that is what you are wondering.” He said holding his bracelet.

I didn’t really had much of a choice. I didn’t want anyone to be hurt because of me. If I had to take on more pain then so be it. I took the bracelet from his hand.

“You promise that you will lift this curse.” I said looking at him.

“You know I always do.” He said.

I look at the bracelet and sighed. I put it on sliding it over my fingers into my wrist. I attached it so it was stuck. Talon smiled at me. I couldn’t tell if he was smiling evilly or his old self.

“You also promised that I get a kiss from you.” He taunted.

I look at him. He was waiting. I kissed him on the cheek. He didn’t specify where.

“Though that wasn’t a kiss. I will still keep to my promise. Goodbye my little mice.” Talon said walking away into the darkness.