Chapter 1

•Noelani•

"Noelani, get up for breakfast"

I heard my mother voice in my head as I look up at the ceiling seeing the fan swing swiftly in the air. I didn't smell the breakfast mist in my nose. I raised up from bed looking at the mirror in front of me.

"Why I'm here?"I ask myself this everyday. I would of had it all. A nice car, house, everything. But my father fucked it up when he met some hoochie momma from the streets. She was younger then my mom. So my father had to get rid of us to bring her in.

Flashback to 2002•----------------

The New York air was perfect to play outside with my best friends

The New York air was perfect to play outside with my best friends. We just came from a hard day of school. First grade is so tough. I mean the teachers are hard headed.

My mom was inside making dinner for me and daddy. Daddy ain't home yet but I can't wait till he get home. He said we get to play Donkey Kong on his PlayStation.

My dad is some kind of business man. I don't really know what he work on.

"Lani, let's race"my best friend Jezebel said. I smiled and stop playing hopscotch. We went to her house to start. "Whoever makes it to the red Mercedes Benz wins"

"How you know what kind of car it is?"I ask.

"My daddy showed me"Jezebel said. "Okay. On your mark, get set, go"right when she said go, I took off running in front of her. She wasn't far from behind me though.

I look back and seen Jezebel behind me. We finally approach the red car and hit it. We both started laughing till we heard the door open.

"HEY!! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY CAR!!" Me and Jezebel took off from the old man car.

"Noelani!!"I heard my mother calling me. I look at the street lights to see if they was on. But they wasn't. "Time to come inside!"

"Okay momma!"I yelled back.

"You leaving?"Jezebel ask.

"I guess. My momma wants me inside early"I frowned.

"That's okay. See you tomorrow at school"Jezebel waved goodbye. I waved goodbye to Jezebel and walk to my house.

I open the door and walk inside smelling the good food in the kitchen. "Mmmmm"I rubbed my stomach.

"Go wash up from dinner. Your father is inviting company"my mother said.

"What company?"I ask while playing with my hair.

"Don't ask. Just do as I say"she said. I playfully rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs. I went into my bathroom and turn the water on. I stared at the water not even focusing that the tub was halfway full.

I turn the water off and took off my clothes.

Later•-----------------

"So Mr. Logan. You and your wife have a lovely home"

"Ahhhhh, thank you. My wife did the interior"my dad said.

"What a beautiful daughter y'all have"this lady said. She was young to be my older sister. She had long black hair, big lips, pretty face, and her balloons was bigger. Mommy call them balloons.

"Thank you"my mother said. "So, Ashlee. What do you do?"

"I'm your husband's assistant. He called me over to have dinner with his family"Ashlee  smiled.

"Well, that's generous of Derrick"my mother look at my father with her evil eyes. Only me and daddy knows about that look.

After dinner, Ashlee and the other man went home. My father and mother was in the kitchen washing plates. I sat on the stairs playing with my doll looking at them as they talked lowly to themselves. But I can still hear them.

"You brought that bitch inside my house"my mom said as she washed the dishes.

"Nadine. She's just an assistant"my dad said.

"Mhmmm, she an assistant to your dick Derrick. You fucked her once under my roof once, I don't even know why I stay......"

"You stayed because my money Nadine......"

"No I stayed cause I know how Noelani is when she leaves you"

"Nadine, I don't even want to talk right now. Just clean the kitchen"I heard my father footsteps walking out the kitchen. I watch as he walk to the living room I guess to watch TV.

Father wasn't always a nice man. He was sometimes mean.

Flashback over•-----------------

Yep, that was father. Ole Derrick Logan. The man who ruined my life. My own father.