Chapter 10

•Noelani•

I ran for 20 minutes back to the vacant apartment. The dudes that wanted the money didn't see me escape with it which is good cause I needed this. It's time for me to lay low for a minute and start spending this money.

I walked around Manhattan so I can blend into the crowd. I don't want the police to know that I stole some money from a club. They will arrest me and throw me in jail.

I look around Manhattan seeing the people walking and talking. Some of them were teens or young adults. But I need to get home quick and fast before them young boys catches me.

Finally I made it to the vacant apartment. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me. "Good"I mumble opening the door then close it. I made my way upstairs to my room so I can hide the money. I quickly put the bag in the closet and laid on cover over it. I close the closet door and smiled. I did good today. This reminds me of when my momma stole some money from a pimp and we was in deep ass trouble.

•Flashback......................
                               .................

"Come back here bitch!!"Noelani heard the man yelled while chasing her mother and her. Nadine had a bag in one hand and and noelani in the other.

They ran for 5 minutes looking for a way to escape him but there was no way out. Nadine seen a dead end and panic. She stop running looking for anything to help her. She saw a broken fence that was laying on the ground.

"That way"she told noelani. Noelani watch where she step carefully and ran. Nadine did the same thing and grab noelani hand again. She ran for 3 minutes this time and saw a vacant apartment. "In there"

Noelani ran inside the vacant apartment. Nadine close the door and grab noelani covering her mouth. Nadine saw the pimp and his worker shadow running pass the vacant apartment. Nadine smiled widely relieve that she finally have money in her pocket. 12,450$ was all she need. But Nadine have to lay very low. He was just one pimp. There's more then one.

•Flashback over....................
                                       ............

Everything that my momma did, I learn from her. I started to notice that living without a job or a house is better. But with a kid. She had to hustle. She stole food, clothes, and even risk her own life and stealing money from gangs ans pimps. Even prostitute.  She will leave me at the vacant apartment or house and go off by herself.

I look at the closet door and smiled to myself.

"Everything you taught me mom, comes in handy"