Chapter 47

•Noelani•

"Sooo I have to pee on the stick?"I ask my mother who was on the phone with me

"Yes noelani" I went to the bathroom so I can pee on the stick. I squat above my hand with the stick in my hand ready to wet it I guess. I'm not sure how this shit works.

"Mom maybe I should see a doctor instead this. What if it's not right"I said.

"Noelani. Dollar tree sticks don't work. They tell you the wrong thing. But this one shouldn't tell you the wrong thing"

She right. I didn't go to dollar tree for this one. After I peed on the stick, I settle it on the counter. I cleaned myself up and waited for the damn thing to tell me.

"I'm scared mom"I sniffle.

"Don't be. Just thank god if you are pregnant. All this will end soon"

"Did Biggy killed Derrick yet?"I ask.

"No. Biggy looks like he's working for Derrick"

"You don't think Derrick have something to do with Biggy trying to kill me"I said.

"I don't think so. Biggy just want revenge"

I played with my nails for about 10 minutes then stood up. I close my eyes grabbing the pregnancy stick breathing heavily. I slowly open my eyes looking down at the pregnancy stick.

"Oh god"I cover my mouth crying at the result. "Mom. I'm pregnant"

"Uhh. Okay Okay. That's good. I'm so happy noelani for the both of you" I can hear her sniffling in the phone. "You should tell dave and then next go to the doctor, just to check and see if the baby is alright"

I nod my head thinking she can see me. "O-Okay"I stuttered.

"Tell me how it goes"—"I hope y'all come back to New York for the baby"

"I hope so too"I smiled then wipe my eyes. "I love you mom"

"I love you too noelani"

I hung up the phone then look at the pregnancy stick again. I open the bathroom door face to face with Dave. He was looking into my eyes then at the pregnancy stick. I wanted to hide the pregnancy stick but fuck it, he caught me.

"Your pregnant?"Dave ask me. I nod my head softly. "You just find out?"

"Yes dave. Any more questions"I brush past him towards the bedroom. "I was having symptoms while working for the king pin today and when I told my mom what was going on, she told me to get a pregnancy stick"

Dave still didn't say nothing. He was stunned. Why he not saying anything? "Babe"I mumble.

"I'm....."he cracked a smile then chuckle. He sat on the bed looking at the wall. "I'm happy actually"

"You really is?"I narrowed my eyebrows. "I thought you would of left me"

"Why would I leave you?"he stood up and walked over to me. "I love you, I can't leave you like this"

"Mom said we should see a doctor. We have to check the baby I guess"I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah. An OBGYN."dave said. "I'm excited baby"he rubbed my stomach.

"What about your other kid?"I ask him. He thought I forgot about his other child.

"She's fine with her momma"he said. He always says that. Like is she really alright with her mother.

"Okay. Whatever you say"