Chapter 31

•Noelani•

"Ma'am, it's raining outside

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Ma'am, it's raining outside. You can't go out there in this cold rain"dave driver said trying to stop me.

"Sir, please leave me alone. I'm a grown ass woman who can take care myself"I said grabbing my coat and umbrella. I don't need the driver to drive me to my Mom's new house or whatever. He might tell dave where I went and Dave night find my mother. I need to keep her safe so when I'm ready to leave New York with her, people won't be looking for us.

As I was walking down the street in New York, I saw some big time cars driving up and down the street. If only I had a car. But I don't have my drivers licenses or a social security number. Basically, I'm just an outcast to the United States.

Finally, I made it to the house where my mom said we use to stay. It looked the same but I can tell she's staying her. The door was painted, the bricks had color, and the tree in front of it was alive. She turn this place upside down. I made my way to the door then knock. I waited till I heard a dog bark and heels clacking the floor.

"Who is it?"I heard my mother say.

"It's me"I said. I waited for her to open the door for me. The dog stop barking and finally she open the door. Every time I see her face, it brings chills to my body. I miss her so much.

"You made it"she smiled. "Come in"she step aside as I walk in her house or apartment. Whatever you want to call it. "I just made some tea. You want some?"

"Nah, I'm good"I said looking around the house. She had pictures of herself, the dog, and some man. "Mom"

"Yes"she walk up to me. "Oh him"

"Who is he?"I ask. I look deeply at the man who look like I know him. I remember him when he use to come by our house. My dad use to hate him so much.

"You remember Byron"she said. "That was my....."my mother stop talking and gulp loudly.

"Tell me. Who he really is cause I remember he use to come over all the time and dad never liked him!"I semi yelled.

"He's your father"she blurted out.

I narrowed my eyebrows at her and close my eyes for a bit. I felt the tears poor down my face. "I'm sorry noelani"

"Is that the reason why dad kicked us out?"I ask.

"Yes. And he's not your dad"my mom said.

"Why you lived with dad if you didn't love him!! You the one who put us in danger because you was love with Byron!! And didn't tell dad the truth!!"I yelled. I was so upset that she held all that back and didn't tell dad from the jump. I bet dad found out before and started cheating on mom. And when she saw Ashlee that night, she was upset. Dad didn't care, he wanted her out the house.

"Noelani calm down. I don't need for you to fuss at me like I'm some little girl who made a big mistake....."

"Maybe because you did"I said.

"And I did"she nodded her head. "Derrick killed Byron when we was on the streets. He was looking for Byron to kill him"

"So Derrick killed my father"I sniffle. "Because of you"

"Because of money"my mother said. "Byron was a bad man too, he was also a kingpin and he did some bad things to me"

"So why was you so in love with him?"I ask.

"I don't know"she cried. "I fell in love with him when I was young. He was my first everything"

"You could of left"I said.

"I did when you was in my stomach. That's when Derrick took me in. We fell in love and that's how we moved in with Derrick. One day, bryon came back into my life because he found out you was born and started working for Derrick"

"Did derrick knew he was kingpin?"

"Byron was a quiet man, he didn't want no one else to know who he was"—"Byron was sneaking in the house at night to watch you sleep and to talk to me"

"How Derrick knew?"I ask.

"He found out from the streets. At first he was watching Byron until he kicked him out. Then that's when he was gone kick me out the house as well but I begged him cause I had you. You was only a baby and I guess he had a heart for me then and let us stay"my mom sniffle.

"Meanwhile, Byron was making moves and wanted Derrick dead but something else came up"she sigh heavily. "More kingpins came into New York and that what made Byron leave Derrick alone"

"So what the hell made my fake father want to kill my real father?"I ask.

"Like I said money"my mom said. "Derrick was the same like Byron. A shy kingpin"

I shook my head. "I don't want to hear no more"I said. "I'm going to Derrick and killing him"

"Noelani, No!"she semi yelled. "Just leave Derrick alone"

"No. After what he did to us, he could of left that shit alone and left my father alive"I said.

"Go to him. Try and stop him if you want. It won't work"my mother said.

"What?"I look at her.

"He's guarded. And if you even think his house ain't guarded, well it is"she said. "Tried it so many times"

"Why is it so heavily guarded?"I mumble.

"Someone else is probably looking for him to kill him"my mom said.

What if it's dave?