Chapter 43

•Noelani•

"I'm starting to like Canada"Dave smiled

"I'm starting to like Canada"Dave smiled. I want to know why? Ain't nothing good here but the food and shit. I don't know anything about Canada or its people.

"Yeah right"I rolled my eyes. "You don't even know where you was going when we left the airport yesterday"I laid back down in the hotel bed.

"I'm trying okay. I think....."I cut him off.

"You know what Dave, I just don't care what you think right now. I can't understand why we had to leave New York?"I wipe my eyes.

"Noelani. You just gone have to forget about New York and worry about yourself! If your worrying about your mother is safe and fine then stop worrying! She wanted you to come here and I have to recover from this wound!" Dave semi yelled.

"I-I'm Sorry Dave. So much shit is going on in my mind"I sigh heavily. I cover my face trying not to show him that I was bout to cry.

"Babe"I felt Dave hands wrapped around my waist. "It's alright. I feel bad for bringing you into this shit"

"I did what I had to do dave. If mister big was still alive, he would've killed you"I said. "I saved your life and you saved mine"

"We only have each other. Let's keep it that way"dave said. "First, we find ourselves a condo, nothing big or small"

"What about money?"I ask him.

"I still have money in my account"he said. "But we need to get back on track with stealing money and becoming king and queen"

"Who's kingpin down here?"I ask.

"I don't know yet. We could find out"dave smiled.

"Ima start looking. You just lay here and recover"I said. "I need you to stay alive dave"

He sigh then nod his head. "Be safe. Make sure you find the right person"

"I'm smart baby. I ain't stupid"I smiled at him. He smiled back then peck my lips.

"I want to marry you someday"

"Is it a little too early to say that?"i ask wide eyed.

"To me it ain't. I really love you and want to spend my life with you. Your my woman"

All that shit he was talking made me blush. Something I never did before. "I love you too baby"I got up from the bed and walk to the bathroom. I wash my private area, armpits, and then under my small breast. I didn't have time to take a shower cause then ima stay in there for a long ass time.

After I gave myself a mini bath, I look in the bag grabbing a black T-shirt, shorts, and some Js we bought from foot locker.

"Once we make enough money, I'll buy you some clothes"Dave said.

"I'm not worried about clothes"I fixed my hair. "I'm just worried about you, that's it"I grab the hotel key card and the keys to the rental.

"I'll be back"