Chapter 13

•Noelani•

The man pushed me inside the penthouse then close the front door locking it. I looked around the place seeing how beautiful it looked. For a man that's mean as fuck, he surly have some taste. Some seasoning.

I got up from the floor and walk to the big window that overlooked the city. I smiled at how beautiful it looked. If only my mom was here to see this. I remember back when I was a little girl.

Flashback...........................
                              ........................

"Look up high noelani"Nadine said as they stared at the stars and the buildings that lid up the night. Nadine brown eyes twinkle as she stared at her beautiful daughter.

"I see the stars momma"noelani pointed at the stars. Noelani loved flashing things. She still remember when her dad would buy her flashing things till he kicked Nadine and noelani out for a younger woman.

Noelani still didn't understand why her father kicked them out. She always wanted to ask her mom what happen? Why are they on the streets instead of a nice house?

Nadine was scared that child protective services was gone take noelani away from her. So she stayed away from schools and other activities. Nadine felt bad for what she was doing. She kept saying to herself, why I didn't put my baby girl in public school? Why I didn't find a house to live in?

Nadine stayed on the streets for too long, she forgotten how life really was. All she did for 2 years was steal money. But from the bad people. Nadine wasn't a bad person. She was like superwoman. But hid in the darkness like Batman till the sun came out.

"Okay noelani, go to bed"Nadine said. Noelani nodded her head and went to the attic. The way they got to the roof. Nadine watched as her daughter climb into the attic. Noelani climb down the ladder from the attic and went to her bedroom next to her mother's. But sometimes noelani likes to sleep with her mother.

Noelani hop on her mother's mattress and cover herself up. Noelani kept thinking about her father and wonder was he ever thinking about them.

•Flashback over ...................

"Why you staring at the buildings like that? You probably thinking about stealing some money from them"Dave laugh.

"Why you keep thinking that I stole your money?"I looked at him.

"Cause the girl with no edges said she saw you carrying the bag out"Dave came closer to me. I never had sex in my entire life. Never. I don't know what that shit feel like.

"Well she ly....."

"You lying to me right now. Cause earlier you said she wanted the money as well so you do have it. Now where is it?"he pinned me against the glass.

I don't want to give up the money at all. I want this money so I can escape New York and away from Dave ass.