Chapter 42

•Dave•

I woke up to the sound of beeping noises

I woke up to the sound of beeping noises. I look over at the seat seeing noelani sleep. I then look at the machines seeing my heart beating. I look down at my arm seeing the needle in my veins. I tried to move but.... "fuck"I mumble once I felt the pain. I want to get up and leave this place before Biggy find me and noelani here.

"Babe"I called for her. She didn't get up. I took the cup of water from my tray and splash her with it.

"Dave!!"she yelled out. "That's not funny"

"I'm not laughing"I chuckle. "Get up and get me out of here"

"Why? You should stay here and recover"noelani said.

"I don't think staying here is good. We have to go"I said. She sigh heavily nodding her head. "Soooooo....."

"Let's go"she said. She stood up walking to my bed side. I tried to get the needle out but I couldn't. "Wait. We need someone who knows how to do this"

"No we don't. Get this shit off me"I said getting frustrated. I heard footsteps coming in the room. We both look up and saw noelani mother walking in.

"What y'all doing?"she ask.

"We need to leave"I said trying to get the shit out my arm.

"If you take that out, you'll experience some serious pain. So I suggest you keep that in"noelani mother said.

"I met you before, like face to face.  But never gotten your name. What's your name?"I ask.

"Nadine"she said. "My name is Nadine. But you call me Ms. Perry"

"Okay Ms. Perry. I just want to know, do you know that noelani life is in danger along with mines"I said.

"Yes I know....."

"So we have to leave New York"I said.

"I don't see why y'all escaping. Biggy ain't gone do nothing to you"

"But he will do something to noelani. She have to leave Ms.perry"I said.

"Mom, please let us go"noelani said. "I'll be fine"

It took her a while to finally okay. She did eventually. But we was gone have to wait awhile to leave. Noelani was looking for places close to New York. If I get off this medication, I was gone be in super pain. But fuck this pain.

"Take me off the medication. I'll just have to deal with it"I said.

"Babe no"noelani said.

"Dave, are you sure?"Nadine ask.

"I'm positive"

Airport

"You sure Canada will be a good place to stay?"noelani ask as we pulled up to the loud ass jet

"I'm positive. Away from everything"I said. "This is where you want to go, right?"

"Yes but...."she stop. "Let's go"

Canada here we come

___________________

So y'all think book 2 should come out or just stay with book 1 no sequel.