Chapter 26

•Dave•

"So, you still have that bitch with you"Paul spoke as we smoke outside at the party

"So, you still have that bitch with you"Paul spoke as we smoke outside at the party. I looked at Paul then back at the city lights. "Don't worry, I won't take her"

"Who? Not lani"I said. "She's with me"

"Why you want her?"Paul ask. "She ain't shit. I seen her before"

"Where?"I look into his eyes.

"She was a homeless person who lived in a abandoned house. That's who you want"Paul laugh. "I know you dumb but not that dumb"

"Look Paul. You can always change a person from the inside out"I said. "Just cause she was homeless, her ass was smart"

"What kind of smart?"Paul ask.

"She knows about money. She sexy and that's what men want right"I said. "That's why I'm using her"

"Does she know"Paul said.

"She knows"

All of a sudden, we heard a scream. I walk back in the building seeing a man laying dead on the floor. "Wha...."I look at the person who was holding the gun. It was a woman with a ski mask on. She look at everyone at the party then ran out.

"Who was that?"Paul ask.

"I don't know"I look over at noelani who walked out the big room where the lady came from. She had tears in her eyes looking back at me. I walk up to her hugging her. "What happen?"I whispered.

"It's nothing"she cried. "Let's go home"

I nod my head helping her to the door. We have to get the hell out of here. Too much shit going on.