Chapter 45

•Dave•

 "This shit is boring"I turn the tv off getting up from the hotel bed

"This shit is boring"I turn the tv off getting up from the hotel bed. I walk to the bathroom so I can wash my face a bit and clear my mind. I need some money and I need it now. I was born poor as fuck. No father since the nigga was in jail. Just a mother who was living in a broke down apartment building after my father cut her ass off. Me and my sister taught ourselves how to survive.

I was the one who made the money. Selling dope on the corner so I can provide for my family. At that time, some big time baller by the name of Derrick was kingpin and still is. I want to take his spot and I will. Just not today or next week. My time will come soon.

"Babe, I'm back from the club"noelani came in the hotel with a short ass dress and 6 inch heels. I don't like the way she dressin right now. "What's wrong?"

"Sooo, what happen?"I ask her.

"I met one of the workers. He said there's only 5 kingpins in Canada. Probably more then 5"noelani said. I sigh heavily and sat on the bed. "Babe, ima just make the money. Once we get enough, we can get the fuck out of Canada and go back home"

"You right. Canada ain't home"I said. "I was close to becoming kingpin in New York"

"Babe. I don't see why you want to become king of New York. Why can we be like helpers or some shit"noelani said.

"We will help our community. Specially mines"I said. "I was born in Detroit but we moved to New York Bronx"

"Well that's good that y'all was in the Bronx"noelani said.

"What about you? Where you born and raised?"I ask her.

She took a deep breath and sigh. "I was born and raised in New York. I thought Derrick, the kingpin today, was my father but he wasn't. He kicked me and my mother out the house when I was just 5 years old. We lived in those luxury houses"I couldn't believe this. "Ashlee, Derrick wife today, moved in while Derrick drag my mother out like she was nothing. He didn't care about my cries"she sniffle.

"It's okay baby. Ima get that nigga back for you"I kiss her cheek softly. "He down bad for that"

"And that's how I became homeless till child protective services came and got me. My mother watched them do it but she couldn't get to me"—"I stayed in the system for a while then ran away from them"

"Why did you?"i ask.

"The lady who was suppose to take care of us, was abusing me"she wipe her eyes. "I had to leave Dave. And from there, I survived on my own"

Hearing that noelani survived on her own made me think about how hard her life was. She didn't have any other family members. Her mom was being taking care of by mister big and his wife while noelani, her daughter, was surviving in New York. That made me feel some type of way.

"Come here"I said. She came to me and sat down on the bed. "You know I love you right"

She nodded her head. "Yeah, I know"I kiss her cheek.

"We gone make it to the top. Ima buy you the fanciest shit ever in life"I chuckle. She cracked a smile then kiss my lips.

Ima make sure she have everything she need.