Chapter 46

•Noelani•

The next morning I woke up without Dave in bed

The next morning I woke up without Dave in bed. Where is he? I flip the covers off me and put on my slippers. I rub my eyes a bit getting up from bed. I made my way to the bathroom so I can do my hygienes and get the hell out of here. But my stomach had other plans. I quickly lift up the toilet seat puking up my lunch from yesterday. I wasn't hungry yesterday even so I didn't have dinner. Why I'm puking?

I stood still looking at the puke in the toilet. What does this mean? I'm sick? I mean, my stomach ain't cramping. It's not hurting. A lot of thoughts was racing through my mind. WHAT THE FUCK THIS MEANS?!

"Baby"I heard dave voice. I hurried up cleaning the mess and flushing the toilet. I turn the sink on grabbing my toothbrush. "You up early"dave smiled.

"Yeah. I wanted to see if I can get some more clues or help out"I said. "We need the money right"I smiled.

"Yeah You right"dave nodded his head. "I went to the doctor today to get these stitches off me"

"But what if they....."

"It's a different country. I don't think they can trace me to Canada"Dave said.

"Well then. You staying here? or you coming with me?"I ask. Why I ask him that.

"Nah ima go look around at where we at. You go and make that money"Dave said.

"Okay"I mumble.

"Be careful"

Later

The whole day I wasn't feeling right. I kept excusing myself to go to the bathroom. The workers kept looking at me like I was the bad guy or a police officer. I want to stop but I can't. My breast is swollen, I feel nauseated, and I'm cramping.  I just want to leave and go back to the hotel.

I was in the bathroom at the trap house on the toilet looking at my phone. I was on google typing up the symptoms I had. Some said dehydration, maybe I'm sick. But one stuck out. Pregnancy. Can't be.

"Aye!! Open the fucking door new girl!!"I heard one of the workers yelled behind the bathroom door.

"Man beat that fucking door down!"I heard another voice. I didn't know what to do. But I had my trusty revolver by my side.

Finally when they knock down the door, I pointed my gun at them scared for my life. Fifteen of them VS little ole me. "The fuck you doing in here rookie"

"I-I was taking a shit"I said.

"Disgusting"the other dude mumble. Some man with golds on and gold rings on walk inside the bathroom. He was kind of handsome but i have my eyes on someone else.

"You think she hiding something?"the man ask the other man with all golds on.

"Bring her to my office"he said then walked out the bathroom. "Fix my damn bathroom door too!"

"You heard the man, lets go"the push me out the bathroom forcefully. Of course I became dizzy after that. I made my way upstairs to the office where every worker was looking at me. I can hear them cursing under their breaths. "Sit bitch"the push me again. I sat down in the chair looking at the man with all golds. I think he's kingpin of this side.

"So. You the new worker?"he smiled. "Kind of strange how you came all of sudden"

"I just need money"I said.

"Go work at the mall or some shit. This ain't a job for a girl"he laugh. "Now down to business. Are you a under cover cop?"

I bit my lip and laugh. "Helll no. I hate cops"I said. "And I know y'all probably thinking that I'm lying. If I was lying, the police would of been here to arrest y'all but are they here"I raised my eyebrows at him. He nodded his head with a smirk. "Today is not my day, that's why I was in the bathroom"

"You sick"he sigh. "Jimmy get the fuck out of here! All this cause the girl kept going to the bathroom!"

"I was making sure she wasn't 12"the man said. He told me one time call him general but ima just call him the man. They all walked out the office leaving me and the kingpin to talk.

"Where you from?"he ask me while lighting up a cigar.

"New Jersey"I lied. I don't want people down here to know my business.

"You ran away from home? Or you just move to Canada with a family member?"he ask.

"What is this? A interview"I said.

He chuckle a bit shaking his head. "You funny"he said. "If you sick, why you came?"

"I need the money"I said.

"What you think what's wrong with you?"all these damn questions.

"Could be dehydration or I'm just sick"I said with a sigh.

"Mhmmm. Could be...."

"Or pregnancy"