Chapter 6

•Noelani•

Today was new fresh day. And when I mean fresh, I mean fresh. I'm going look for a new job. I thanked God that I was fired from my old one cause the men there are worst then men at a stripper club.

I made my way inside this book store to see if I can get a job here. The lady was stacking books up while listening to music. She looked at me and smiled then took her earphones off.

"Hi, can I help you?"she ask.

"I'm looking for........"she cut me off.

"If your looking for Tommy, he ain't here. I understand your pain, you need him to pay for child support" who the fuck is Tommy?

"Ummmm, who is that?"I ask.

"Oh. Oh my God I'm sorry. Uhhhhhhhh, your looking forrrrr......."

"A job. Here"I said.

"Oh okay. Let me get the application so you put your information on it"she said. I nod my head and waited for her to come back. I walked around the book store looking at the books that use to like when me and my mom came here.

•Flashback....................

"Noelani, let's go"Nadine called her daughter. Noelani looked back at her mother and sigh.

They was still looking for a place to sleep and eat. They was broke. Nadine was looking for jobs after jobs to feed her baby girl. The strip club wasn't a option. Nor prostituting her body. But Nadine kept thinking about it. She will have to sacrifice herself to protect, feed, and care for her daughter.

The next stop was the book store. Nadine walked in with little ole noelani behind her. She looked at the kids book on the shelf and smiled. She remembered when her dad would read bed time stories to her.

"I'm looking for a job"noelani heard her mother say for the 20th time. She hated hearing her mother say that. It made noelani cringe.

Noelani was a smart girl, she knew her mother was broke and her father kicking her mother out the house. But why? It kept running in noelani head why he did that to her mother.

"Thank you so much"Nadine said smiling. "Come on noelani"Nadine grabbed her hand.

"You have the job mommy?"noelani ask.

"No. I have to wait. We have to come back next week to see what they say"Nadine said.

"Let's try the mall mommy"noelani said. Nadine stop walking looking at the big building. Her husband was right in the front with Ashlee kissing her stomach. "Mommy"noelani tugged on her mother coat.

Nadine looked down at her child. "Come on noelani. We're going back to the place where we sleep"

Noelani smacked her lips and pouted. She wanted to stay out and see different things. But she guess going back would be nice.

•Flashback over..............
........

"Ma'am. Ma'am"I turn around looking at the lady with the paper in her hand. "Sorry for the wait"she smiled.

"It's okay"I said grabbing the paper. I looked over it and sigh. Some of the shit on here. I don't know.

I sat down and started writing down some of my information. I don't know my social security number. I don't even have a driver license. "Damn"I mumble.

"Is everything okay? You need help?"the lady ask.

"No"I smiled then continue. I looked out the window seeing a Escalade passing up the store.

Is that my dad? Or is it some other super star?