Chapter 33

•Noelani•

"Where we going?"I ask Dave. "I said I was hungry but damn you past up all the best restaurant"

"We ain't going to some fancy restaurant"Dave said. "Waffle house is the best"he smiled.

"Mhmmm, better not be the Waffle House where I seen that rat"I rolled my eyes.

"What rat? They don't have any rats there"dave narrowed his eye brows.

"Oop, maybe that's the other one I use to steal money from"I smiled. "Didn't want they nasty ass food, just wanted the money"

"You think that shit nice to do?"dave ask.

"Dumb ass question to ask. That Waffle House was running an operation there. Selling cocaine, heroine, even prescription drugs"I said. "I would go there and steal the bag from the back where the boxes come in at and run away with they little charity money"

"Bad girl"dave shook his head.

"What can I say? I get it from my momma"I laugh.

"Mhmmm. Speaking of mother, do she know mister big wife?"dave ask. Why he asking me that? I don't know the woman.

"I don't know. I don't know the lady"I said. "Why you ask?"I look at him.

"Cause when we was leaving the funeral, she was talking to his wife"he said. "I think something's up"

"Let me guess, you want me to ask my mother how she know mister big wife"I said.

"Yes. Will you?"Dave smiled.

"Dave, I'm not a fucking detective. Your little agent"I said rolling my eyes. I felt Dave hands on my thigh rising up to private area. "D-Dave"I stutter.

"What?"he mumble. "Want to skip breakfast?"

"Hell no I'm still hungry"I said. "I'm talking about you and your hands"I smiled.

"Face it noelani, You want me don't you"dave said.

"Dave I don't....."

"Just say it"he said.

"What you mean by want? Like sex?"I ask.

"Ye...No, like....."he was stuck. He don't know what he want.

"Dave seems like you don't know what you want"I open the car door looking at Waffle House exterior. I hop out the car and slamming the Roll Royce door.

We walk in Waffle House smelling the waffles and bacon. "God I'm starving"I felt on my stomach.

"Hello, how many people y'all have?"the waitress ask.

"Just the two of us"dave said. I like that. Just the two of us. I just want to know do he love me.