Chapter 2

•Noelani•

New York Life was like a fish in a big fish tank. So many fishes swimming around you. Ignoring you cause you look different from everybody else because you don't have the same scales as them, different teeth, different look.

To me, I'm like the great white shark. I travel alone to hunt for my food. I attack anybody who cross paths with me. I don't trust nobody. I don't know if that's how sharks feel but I'm feeling that way.

"Aye, watch it!"some woman yelled as I bump her shoulder trying to get to my destination. If she wasn't so busy on the phone, she should of watch where the fuck she was going. Good thing I didn't do shit to her. Cause the bitch would of been flat on the ground.

I walked in the bar looking at the men who was playing pool while laughing with each other. Its 11:34. Why they not at work?

"Lani, your late"my supervisor said.

"I'm early"I mumble. I always try to submissive myself when it comes to my supervisor. He always brings me down like how I'm never gonna make it to the top like other girls. I'm always gone work for some low down dirty men. But I don't mind. I'ma make it. Just watch me.

"Heyyyyy sexy, I see you made it here"some white man, not trying to be racist, said to me as I was fixing some Hennessy for my customers.

"You back off"I said.

"Why? I just want to talk"he said licking his lips looking at my breast through my white t-shirt.

"Well, I don't"I gave him a fake smile.

"You know nooooaaalani, I see you everyday walking to this building by yourself"he said.

"Mhmmmm"I served my customers while still listening to him.

"And uhhhh, come to find out. That building is vacant"he smiled. I looked at him for 20 seconds thinking what I'ma say to him. "How about, you come stay with me and I'll bring you to work everyday and drive you back home"

"What's your name sweetie?"I ask.

"It's Robert"typical white man name.

"Okay Robby. I don't like nobody and I wouldn't dare live with you in your dirty apartment with your roommates"I said. "And that building, it ain't vacant. It just look like that"

"What ever you say Lani"Robert chuckled and walk back to his table. I sigh heavily thanking God that he walked away.

It's true. This 21 year old don't have an apartment that she pays for. I don't pay water, light, nor energy. This job don't pay me enough to live in a nice apartment or a broke down apartment. So why not live in a vacant building. There's no roaches or rats near me. I hope not.

As I was fixing drinks passing them around, I didn't notice my crush walked in with his group of people that he always hang out with. "Dave"I mumble quietly so no one can hear me.

"No ma'am, I don't want Morgan David. I want the vanilla ciroc"this man said next to me as I was taking orders.

"Okay vanilla ciroc"I nod my head. I walk to the bar so I can get started with the drinks. I was so focused on making the drinks, I didn't know Dave was trying to take his order.

"Excuse me, you heard what I said?"I heard Dave ask.

"Yes, Yes, hello. What can I get you?"I ask.

"Give me some Henny and Ace"he said. I nod my head. I made my way to the other table giving the vanilla ciroc to the man. I made my way back to the bar making Dave his Ace and Henny.

"Here you go"I handed him his drinks.

"Bar tender!! Come take my order!!"I heard another man calling me.

"Get to work"Dave said drinking his Henny. I rolled my eyes at him and made my way towards the man.

"Yes sir"I said catching his attention.

"Can I have some beer. Heniken, whatever you call that"he said.

"Sure thing"I nod my head. As I was bout to walk back to the bar, I felt a slap on my ass that made me stop dead in my tracks. I turn to my right looking at the middle age who wad smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and kept my temper in.

"Fucking hate this job"I mumble while making the beer.

"Well if you hate this job. Why you still here?"Dave ask.

"Why you still here?"I ask with an attitude. I cleaned up some of my mess. Dave left a $10 tip on the bar then grab his jacket. I grab the beer and was bout to walk to the table till Dave bump into me wasting beer on his shirt.  Ohhhhh shit.

"Bitch"

I'm in trouble.

________________________

So yeahhhhh, noelani life.

I want to Shout out sincear for doing my book cover.

I love it. Thanks girl.