Chapter 23

•Noelani•

I looked out the window seeing the New York City

I looked out the window seeing the New York City. It looked so beautiful from inside a window. But it's even more beautiful outside the window. I don't want to say this, but sometimes I miss being homeless. Just me being in that house by myself. Don't have to work nowhere. Don't have to listen to nobody. I miss it. But I guess I have to work with Dave till I get his trust and get the fuck on out of here. I killed a man. I'm not afraid to do it again.

"Knock Knock"I heard dave by the door. I went to the door and unlocked it. "I brought you food"dave smiled.

"Thanks"I mumble lowly. "What is it?"I ask.

"Don't worry about what it is. Just eat"he spoke.

"Fine"I rolled my eyes. I grabbed the plate looking at the food. "Is this Dominican food?"I ask.

"Yeah. Grandma made it for you"dave walked in my room. "Beautiful"he looked out the window.

"I still don't understand why you rescued me from the streets?"I asked.

"Why the hell was you on the streets? You could of find yourself a new job and a new place"dave said.

"I wanted to live free. I was so use to living in a abandoned house for so long that I never went and lived in a house or an apartment"I said. "My mom kept me hidden and she taught me how to read and write"

"That's nice"dave said. "She didn't want to live in a house or an apartment"

"She didn't have no choice but to live in an abandoned house. Sometimes I thought why she didn't want to live far away. We had the money"

"Same as you. You had the money, what made you not run away with my money?"dave ask.

I thought about it. Why didn't I? "I didn't want to leave my mom"I mumble. "She's in New York somewhere and I have to find her"

"What she look like? Ima help you find her"Dave said.

"I don't remember what she look like"I shook my head. "I just wish she can find me before I find her"I sniffle.

"She will come to you. Don't worry"dave said. He sigh heavily and look like he was bout to say something but didn't.

"Anything else you want to know about me?"I ask.

"Nah I'm good"dave walked out the room. I looked at the food and smiled.

'He cares for me'