Chapter 15

• Noelani •

I didn't run to my home. Actually, I didn't go to my home. I just walked around the city for a while listening to music, watching teens fall in love. Wish that was me. I kept thinking about that sexy son of bitch name Dave. The way his hands wrapped around my throat. If only I could of wrapped my legs around his waist with no panties on and just only a bra. I would of been in heaven. But, I never had sex before. I stayed away from that. I didn't want to have a baby while poor as hell. A fucking homeless with a baby. Life wasn't gone be fair for my little one. It wasn't fair for me.

Flashback ...........................
........................................................

Nadine and noelani was sleep so peacefully in the abandoned house. Nadine can hear the police sirens pass by. She can hear people talk. Shoes clacking on the concrete. It was like Nadine was a mother tiger protecting her little cub. Today was a new day. She had to get some food for her and her little one. If she didn't, noelani was gone complain.

Noelani knew not to complain if there wasn't no food yet. Nadine was trying. But it seems like she was giving up on life being homeless with a 7 year old. She couldn't steal anymore money cause now gang leaders and pimps are looking for her. She's gone have to be careful trying to find food.

•Later•

Nadine walked for 12 minutes looking for breakfast. She didn't find anything. Now she's gone have to make her way back to noelani. She knows noelani is going to be upset without food.

Back at the abandoned house, noelani got up from the bed and walked to the window. Clear as day,
She can see people walking up and down the streets from the other side. 'Hopefully no one see me'. Noelani walked away from the window and went downstairs to the living room that had spiderwebs and roaches everywhere. Noelani scrunched up her face and shook her head. She wish she had a pet cat. But Nadine didn't want any pets in the abandoned house. Attracts nasty raccoons or something else that can hurt noelani.

As the time pass by, noelani was on the steps scraping the dust off. Noelani was missing Nadine and wanted to know where her mother was. It's been an hour since she left. Then noelani heard a knock on the door. "Momma"noelani mumble. She ran to the door and peek out the window seeing a lady and man. They was in suits with a clipboard in their hands. "Bad people"noelani mumble.

She ran the other way from the door going to the back door. She open it but then regret it. There was man waiting for noelani. He grabbed her telling her it was gone be okay. "Your fine little girl, we're here to rescue you"the lady said.

"Mommy!!"noelani seen Nadine staring at her as they took noelani away. Nadine had tears running down her face as she cried seeing noelani put up a fight with the child protective services. As they put noelani in the car, Nadine slid down the brick wall crying her eyes out. If she would of intervene, they would of arrested Nadine and she really wouldn't be able to see noelani again.

.............Flashback over..........................

I cried as I stared at the abandoned house that me and my mom stayed in. Now it's somebody house. Someone lives in there with their kids. I miss my mom. But I know she's probably dead or in jail. Something happened to her.