12 - WHO IS PARK HYERIM?

|Moonbin's POV|

"Ahh! Ahh! Ahhh, it hurts." I whined as she pinched my ear while dragging me to a table.

"What was that for?" I pouted she let go of me.

"You." She pointed to me. "Me?" I replied at I pointed to myself.

"Yes you. You said you have something to say right?" She asked as she placed her hands on her hips.
"You said it was also IMPORTANT." She added as her eyes grew wider.

"Don't do that. You look hilariously scary." I laughed at her face but it didn't last for long.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as I stopped laughing. She took her seat in front of me, drank her Iced Americano and faced me.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked, leaning closer.

"I just wanted to ask.." I paused as I took a seat in front of her, leaning closer. She raised one eyebrow as she listened to me.

"I was really curious..who is Park Hyerim?" I added as I narrowed my eyes.

"That's all?!" She asked as her eyebrows furrowed. "Yup!" I nodded in reply.

"You said it was REALLY IMPORTANT. Is this what you call important?!" She flicked my forehead which caused me to wince in pain.

"Yah! What was that for?!" I complained as I massaged my forehead. "It hurts." I pouted.

"You really want to know?" She asked as I nodded in reply.

"Park Hyerim. Soo-ah, Hyerim and I were classmates since were in Grade 3. But..she migrated to America when we were in Grade 5." She explained.

"Migrated to America? Why?" I asked with curiosity drawn all over my face.

"She said it was just some family problems. She left without even saying a proper goodbye. She just sent us letter that she's leaving. That was 4 years ago, but she's here now."

"Ohh, okay. But, how come I didn't even know a single thing about her?"

"Ahhh. It's because you were in a different school back then. Plus, I didn't get to introduce you to her."

"Oh, okay. But you seemed really close when you were talking at the cafeteria. Were you really that close back then?" I asked as I placed my arms folded on the table.

"Well...yeah. The three of us were close back then. But our friendship is much closer than hers." She pointed to me.

"Ohh, okay." I nodded in reply. "Sooo...is she nice?" I added another question.

"Well, yeah. She's nice." She replied with a smile. "But, why are you so curious about her anyway? You bombarded me with so many questions already." She added, sipping her drink.

"Why? Is something wrong about being curious with someone you don't know?" I defended myself.

"No. Nothing's wrong about being curious. What I mean is..you are the one who's making me too curious." She pointed me, raising her eyebrows.

"Why? What is it?" I asked as I took a sip of my drink.

"It's because you're really weird since you met her. You didn't answer our question that day. We asked if you were fine or if something's bothering you but..you just walked away as you changed the subject Bin." She explained as my heart started beating faster.

Why do I feel so guilty? Why am I feeling like this? Why is my heart beating much faster than normal? Am I nervous?

"You don't have to worry about me. I-I'm t-totally f-fine. You know me, I am MOON BIN." I lied as I sent a faint smile.

"Really? But it looks like you're not even telling the truth Mr. Moon Bin." She plastered a teasing smile on her face as she raised her eyebrows up and down.

"No. Really, nothing's wrong. I'M FINEEE." I opened my eyes much wider than usual.