29 - SHOPPING

|Jiyoon's POV|

As I woke up, I noticed a familiar jacket wrapped around my body.

"Wait." I paused as I stood up and examined the jacket. "Isn't this Bin's?!" I screamed as my eyes widened out of shock.

"What..what happened last night?" I ran downstairs and I was greeted by a smiling face.

"Morning Jiyoon! How are you? Are you feeling okay?" Mom asked, smiling ear to ear. "Did something good happened mom?" I asked as curiosity filled my face.

"Yeah, something great did happen." She replied as her smile got wider.

"Oh, okay. Anyways did-" I didn't finish my sentence as she cut me off. "Yes. Thanks to Bin, you got home safely." She said with a smile.

My eyes widened out of shock as I stared at the jacket in awe. "W-what happened last night?"

"I don't know, you should ask him. Here, eat your breakfast and get ready." Mom said as she set up the plates.

"Get ready? For what?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows. "For shopping!!" She exclaimed as moved her eyebrows up and down.

Oh? Something great really did happen huh? It must be REALLY great enough to make my mom nuts.

"Oppa? Where's oppa?" I added as I took off the jacket.

"Oh, he's in his room. He got home late last night. I bet he's still in dreamland right now." She looked at me as we both chuckled.

"I'll just take a bath right now then I'll eat my breakfast. Wait for me! Let's eat it together!" I exclaimed as I ran upstairs.

I laid the jacket on my bed then grabbed my towel and rushed to the bathroom.

|Mrs. Kim's POV|

I waited for Jiyoon in the kitchen as I took a seat. "Morning mom!" MJ greeted me with a smile as he rubbed his eyes.

"Morning MJ. Are you feeling okay?" I asked with a smile. "Yes I'm fine mom, thanks." He replied with his flashing smile.

"MJ-yah, can you look after the house for a while?" I said as I motioned my hand. "Oh? Are you going somewhere?" He asked as he took a seat beside me.

"Yes. We're going shopping!" I exclaimed as I raised my hands. "Shopping? Just the two of you? Why can't you take me with you?" He begged as he pouted.

"It's a ladies' bonding time MJ-yah. LADIES." I replied as I patted his shoulder with a reassuring smile.

"Okay mom. I understand." He said as he lowered his head. "Aigoo, don't be so sad. Tell you what, I'll buy something for you too." I added with a smile as I patted his shoulder.

"Really? Thanks! You sure are the best mom! What is it?" He asked with a hint of hope in his eyes. "It's a secret. You're welcome!" I replied as I sent him a hug.

"Mom I'm ready!" Jiyoon exclaimed as she walked to the kitchen.

"Now come here and eat your breakfast." I smiled at her as I motioned my hand.

••••••

|Jiyoon's POV|

"Bye oppa!" I waved my hand as mom and I went outside. We hopped into the car and fastened our seatbelts.

"What are we going to buy mom?" I asked as she started driving.

"I'll just buy a dress for you to wear tonight." She replied with a smile.

"Eh? Tonight? What do you mean?" I asked with a confused face. "You'll know later." She responded with a smile.

Later? Eh? Mom why are you acting so weird? What are you up to anyways?

I scoffed and looked away from her. I faced the window as I saw the sun shining brightly. Clouds were walking across the blue sky as the wind embraced the trees. People were walking, some were smiling and laughing as they were enjoying their moment.

"I like Eunwoo."

I shook my head as I tried to get rid of that moment. Why did I felt so hurt? It's not like I have feelings for him. Do I? Maybe I do.

Kim Jiyoon! Focus! What are you thinking?!

Wait. Yesterday I fell asleep on the bus. But how did I get...

I should call Bin! Maybe he knows why I got home safely last night.

I was about to pick my phone up and dial Bin's number when mom's voice startled me. "We're here!"

"Mom! You scared me to death!" I whined as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Sorry." She replied with a cheesy smile.

After she parked the car, we got off and started walking inside.

We got into a store as mom started choosing dresses. "Mom!" I whined.

"What kind of event do you have tonight for me to wear such.." I paused as I leaned closer. "an expensive dress?!" I whispered to her.

"Aish! You keep whining. Alright, tonight is such a big deal for me. I'll just explain later. Now, pick your own dress if you don't want me to." She said as she dragged me to a pile of dresses.

"So, what do you want?" She asked as she tapped my shoulder. "I just want something simple mom. Besides, can't I just wear a sweatshirt and jeans? Why do I have to wear a dress?" I explained as I stamped my feet.

"Aigoo. Just stop complaining and pick a dress!" She scolded me as she flicked my forehead.

"Ow! Mom! That hurt!" I winced in pain as I rubbed it. "Who wears some sweatshirt and jeans in a restaurant?" She mumbled as she started picking some dress.

"Restaurant? Are we going to have some dinner later?" I asked as I widened my eyes out of excitement.

"Yes. You're right. But, only you. You'll be having some dinner tonight. You'll know the details later. Now, do you like this?" She said as she lifted up a small pink dress.

"Pink?!" I complained as I sent her a disgusted look. "Aish! All you know is to complain." She scolded me again as she placed back the dress.

"Sorry." I said as I lowered my head. "You said that I can pick what I want right?" I asked as my face lit up and mom nodded in reply.

"Now..I think I like that one." I smiled as I pointed to it. I looked at mom who had her eyes widened as her face lit up.

"T-T-that l-looks g-great!" She exclaimed as she patted me.