48 - HE'S NOT OPENING UP

|Eunwoo's POV|

"Jiyoon, will you be my date for this Prom Night?" I asked as I mustered up my courage. My heart was beating so loudly as I clenched my fists, ready to hear her answer.

She passed me a smile and responded, "Sure. That would be great!" My heart was beating faster as a smile crept up my cheeks. I was really, really happy.

"R-really?" I stuttered as she nodded in reply. "Thanks!" I exclaimed as joy was overflowing my body.

The smile couldn't just sweep off my face as her answer keeps echoing through my ears. I was like, "YES! I SUCCEEDED! YEEEESSSS!!!"

|Jiyoon's POV|

Ever since my birthday, Bin has been acting really weird. Really.

He gives me this unreadable expression whenever I talk about Eunwoo. Is he happy for me? Or isn't he? Or was he just in a bad mood yesterday? What ever his reason is, I need to talk to him.

•••

The bell rang, it's finally time for lunch. I quickly stood up from my seat and rushed to Bin. He was heading towards the door when I called him out. "Bin!"

Unfortunately, he didn't even turn around. Maybe he didn't hear it or he did just ignore me.

I heaved out a sigh and went back to where Eunwoo was. "Jiyoon, let's go eat lunch." He said with a smile. "Okay." I replied.

We headed to the cafeteria with Rocky and Soo-ah trailing behind us. As we got there, I saw Bin eating lunch with Sanha again.

Last time, when I invited him to eat lunch with us, he said he wasn't hungry. But it turns out, he was even eating like a pig with Sanha that time as if he haven't got to eat for years.

As we got our lunch trays, I tried to approach Bin when Soo-ah called me. "Jiyoon! Come here!"

A frown was plastered on my face as I responded, "Coming!"

We then took our seats on a table, just a few meters from Bin and Sanha. I was seating beside Soo-ah, with Eunwoo in front of me and Rocky next to him.

We started munching our food when Rocky's question came by, again. "You guys have your date yet?"

I saw Eunwoo smiling sheepishly as he looked at Rocky who was raising his eyebrows in curiosity. "Heol. You got yours Eunwoo?"

Eunwoo shrugged with a chuckle as he looked away from him. "Yah! I'm your best bud! You've got to tell me." Rocky whined.

Eunwoo then took a glance at me and paid his attention back to Rocky. "It's a secret."

Soo-ah and Rocky were passing me suspicious gazes as they both replied, "Oh, okay."

|Bin's POV|

My words kept echoing through my ears as questions were filling up my mind. I kept on playing with my food because I just.. don't have an appetite.

Was I too harsh? Did I somehow hurt her? Was it for the best?

About the white stuffed bear, is not telling her the truth the best option? Should I just make her believe Eunwoo bought it? Or should I turn myself in?