18 - PARTNERS

Eunwoo's POV
*ringggg* *ringggg*

"Eunwoo, let's go now." Rocky said as he stood up, tapping my shoulder.

"Oh, okay." I nodded in reply.

While we were walking towards our classroom, the thought of me liking a girl couldn't get off my mind.

I mean, this is my very first time that I liked one. 'I like her.' That line, that line stucks right here on my mind. Also, the thought of being rude to her the first time we met, was totally disappointing.

How could I even say that?! Even if I'm that nervous, how could such a harsh statement get out of my mouth? That accident too, I glared at her. Ahh!! She was apologizing but all I did was scoff.

I'm such a jerk. How can I even apologize to her now that it's too late? Would she even accept it? Even if it's too late?

I snapped out of my thoughts as I shook my head. As we got to our classroom, we went to our respective seats as I looked for a way to talk to her.

Jiyoon-ah, I have something to say. I want to apologize- No.

Excuse me, I just want to say- No! What am I going to say?! I ruffled my hair out of frustration when I noticed her looking at me.

I took a glance at her then back to my table. I looked down as my face turned red. What was that? Ahhh!!! What should I do??!

I was back to reality when Professor Shin entered the classroom. I sit up straight as I focused in front, ready to pay attention in class.

"So today, we are going to have our Arts project. All of you shall have your own pairs for this." He said as I folded his arms, staring at all of us.

"Excuse me sir."  A girl said as she raised her hand. "Yes?" Professor Shin asked as he raised his eyebrows, curious about her question.

"Can we choose our own partners?" She asked with a hint of hope in her eyes. "No." Professor Shin replied which caused the whole class to complain.

"Everybody pay attention! I am going to pick your own partners." He said as he slapped the table. "Miss Min Soo-ah you may take your seat." He ordered the girl as her smile faded.

"No, wait." He paused as he raised his index finger which made the whole class have their hopes up.

I was nervous too. I wanted to pick my own pair for this project. I want Rocky to be my partner.

"You'll have your seatmates as your partners." He added. My eyes widened as my heart beated faster. There was a bit of happiness inside me but nervousness was what I felt most.

I took a glance at Jiyoon as she looked at me too. I quickly faced in front as I clenched my fists with my heart about to jump out.

Yes! Nooo!! But, this might be my chance to apologize to her.

But! I can't even look at her for just a minute! How can you apologize without looking at her?

Ahhh!!! I'm totally done for!

••••••

Jiyoon's POV

"You're going to have your seatmates as your partners."

Say what?! Can you repeat it again Professor Shin? D-did I just hear those right?!

I took a glance at him as he looked at me too. Then I quickly faced my table as nervousness ran across my body.

The ICE is my partner! I repeat! The ICE is my partner! This - this boy beside me..this MR. COLD GUY!

I decided to break the ice since it was so awkward. "So, I hope we'll work hard together for this project! For our grades too!" I plastered a forced smile on my face as I tried to look at him.

Duh! I know, I knooww. Why do I even expect a good reply from him? He might just scoff or laugh sarcastically at me.

I tried to face my table back when I heard him respond. "Well, yeah. I hope we'll work together hard. For our grades!" He smiled as he faced me.

Eh? What's this? From cold to gentle?

This guy knows how to smile? But, he looks cute. He has this sweet smile that every girl would fall for.

I stared at him, not knowing that a smile formed on my face too.

Yah! Kim Jiyoon! What are you thinking right now?! I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked away from him.

Maybe he's not just so bad after all. I smiled like an idiot as I buried my face on my arms crossed on the table.

••••••

Moonbin's POV

"Oh? Bin-ahh! I'm so lucky to have you as my partner!" Park Minji exclaimed as she linked her arm into mine.

"Minji-ssi please don't do that."  I explained as I pushed her lightly.

"Eyyy, Bin-ah pleaseee. Just drop the honorifics. Let's just talk casually, to be more comfortable. Ok?" She exclaimed as she leaned closer.

"Okay, okayy. But please, give me some space." I replied as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay, okay." She said as she leaned back.

••••••

Soo-ah's POV

Waahhhh!! I just can't believe this is happening to me!! Having Rocky, this guy beside me, as my partner is the best!!

My heart danced gracefully as a smile couldn't get off my face.

"I hope we'll work hard and take care of each other as we do this project Soo ah-ssi." He smiled as he reached out his hand.

"Right! I hope so!" I exclaimed as we shook hands with a big smile on my face.

"But, can you stop talking to me so formally? Let's be more comfortable." I added as I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Oh yeah! Sorry." He replied with his sweet smile as he scratched the back of his neck. "As you wish." He added.

Wow. This boy is really amazing! He's sweet and kind. He's really handsome too! I want to know more about him.