59 - AM I REALLY CONFUSED OF MY FEELINGS?

|Jiyoon's POV|

I woke up with a damp cloth placed on my forehead. "Ugh, my head hurts." I groaned.

I glanced at the wall clock and the time was..

"8:30?! Shoot! I'm totally late for school!" I quickly got up from bed as I removed the damp cloth and placed it on my desk. I did my best to walk towards the bathroom because my head was spinning like crazy.

"Jiyoon-ah!" I turned to the door as mom hurriedly placed the food tray on my desk and rushed to me.

"M-mom.. I'm late for school." I mumbled. She assisted me in walking and led me back to my bed.

"You're sick. You can't go to school today." She said as I sat on my bed.

"I feel.. cold." I shuddered as I rubbed my hands against my arms.

"Here. Eat some food first then I'll give you your medicine later." She then handed me the food tray she was holding earlier as I passed her a slight smile. "Thanks Mom." She smiled back in response.

I started munching my food while mom watched me with a smile on her face. "Ah, what about oppa?" I asked.

"He went to school. I also told him to give the excuse letter to your teacher and tell your friends about your condition." She replied.

"Oh." I passed her a nod as a sign of my reply. I paid my attention back to my food and took another bite.

"What happened to you anyway? MJ said he had an umbrella and you.. came home with your uniform drenched with water." She asked.

"Oh. A classmate of mine asked me a favor to return the books to the library because she said she was in a rush. As I was about to exit the building, it was already raining and I didn't see oppa anywhere, so I ran." I explained as she nodded in reply.

"Well in that case, you should have called him."

"You know that I'm dumb mom." I replied as she chuckled.

"What about stopping at the school gate? Just like what MJ said, as if you were staring at someone?" She curiously asked.

Just then, I remembered the stupidest, dumbest and shocking moment that happened to me. I was daydreaming about my best friend holding an umbrella for me with a smile on his face! Pretty funny huh? Idiot.

I fake coughed and drank all the water and continued my drama. "Jiyoon, are you okay?" Mom worriedly asked as she carefully tapped my back. "Wait. Let me go get some water for you."

I let out a relieved sigh as mom exited my room. "Can someone please erase that memory for me please?" I mumbled frustratingly.

A minute later, mom came back with a pitcher full of water on her right hand and my glass on her left one.

Right. I can act no more. Say goodbye to fake coughing.

"Here." She handed me a glass of water as I drank it all in one go. "That's better."

"Jiyoon-ah, we'll talk later. I think you should take more rest for now." I nodded my head in reply as mom sent me a smile.

"Oh wait. Here, take this first." She then handed me my medicine as I took it and drank it down.

"I think your fever got worse." She worriedly said as she placed her hand on my forehead. "Get some rest sweetie." She then smiled and exited my room.

"That's why my head got heavier after that question." I felt my eyes were weary as I stared at the ceiling. Just then, I finally got some rest.

•••