14 - DO YOU LIKE HIM?

Jiyoon's POV

*beep* *beep* *beep*
I picked up my phone and it showed 'Oppa' on the screen. I smiled answered the call. "Hello?"

"Yah! Kim Jiyoon! Where are you now? Mom and I are worried already." My eyes grew wider as I looked at my watch. It was already 9:55.

"Ah yes! I'll get going home now. Sorry oppa!"

"Where are you now? I'll pick you up. You know it's dangerous for you to go home alone."

"No, it's okay. I'll explain later at home. Byee!" I ended the call as I stood up from my seat.

"Why? Is something wrong?" Bin asked as he grabbed my wrist.

"MJ oppa called. He's already looking for me. I gotta go now."

"I'll walk you home. It's late already, plus it's not safe for you." Bin said as he stood up.

"No, it's okay. You need to get home too, your mother's probably looking for you." I replied as I escaped from his grip.

"No. I insist. I'll walk you home. You're a girl, remember that." He replied as he grabbed my wrist again.

We got out of the cafe as he dragged me out. "Uhmm Bin, you can let go now." I said, looking at his hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Ah yes. Sorry." He replied as he scratched the back of his neck. "But, stay close."

"I get it. I'm not a kid anymore." I replied as I faced him while we were walking.

The sky was dark as stars were shining. Street lights started to turn on as we were embraced by the cold wind. I rubbed my hands against my arms as shivers ran through my body.

"Are you cold?" Bin asked as he took off his jacket.

"No, no. I'm fine." I replied, shaking my head. "You don't need to lie." He wrapped his jacket around my body.

"But, you'll feel cold. Are you gonna be ok?" I tried to take off the jacket but he stopped me.

"I'm fine. Besides, we're almost there. Thanks for your concern." He smiled as his eyes turned into two curved lines.

"Oh? Jiyoon-ah watch out!" He pulled me closer to him as a biker passed by us.

"I'm sorry!" The man stopped and took a glance at us. He then continued to what he was doing.

"You ok? Are you hurt?" He cupped my cheeks as he examined my face. Our eyes met as concern was drawn all over his face.

"I-uhh. I-I'm o-okay B-Bin-ah." I stuttered as nervousness ran across my body. I looked down quickly, escaping from his warm touch.

"Are you sure?" He grabbed my shoulders, making me face him.

"Y-Y-Yes. Y-You d-don't h-have to w-worry a-a-anymore." I walked faster, leaving him behind.

"Yah! Wait up!" He ran to me with a smile on his face. "Don't leave me!" He whined as he hung his arm around my shoulder.

I scoffed as I faced him. He sent me a smile as his reply.

I turned to look in front of me and saw him. Cha Eunwoo. He was taking out his garbage as he stared at us in awe. He bowed his head as he got inside of his house.

"Jiyoon-ah!" My brother called me, he was already waiting for me outside.

"Oppa!" I ran to him, leaving Bin behind. "Yah! I was worried sick!" He said as he pulled me into a hug.

He broke the hug and patted me. "Oh? Bin-ah!" He called Bin, motioning him to come.

"Thank you for walking Jiyoon home." MJ oppa said, tapping Bin's shoulder.

"No, it was nothing. So, I'll get going now. My mom's probably worried too." Bin said as he bowed his head.

"Be careful!" I said as I ran to him. "Thanks for walking me home. About Hyerim, don't you worry. I won't tell a soul."

"Thanks. But, you can tell Soo-ah. Besides, she's our best friend too." He said with a smile.

"Sanha? What about that kid?"

"Well, uhh..Yeah, you can tell him too." He said, patting me.

"I'll get going now. Byee!!" He waved his hand as he walked away.

"Text me when you get home! Byee!!" I replied, waving my hand with a smile.

"Oppa, let's get inside now." We got inside our house and oppa closed the door.

"Oh?" He faced me with curiosity drawn all over his face.

"What is it?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"This." He held the jacket I was wearing. My eyes widened out of shock as I covered my mouth.

I stared at the jacket in awe for a while. "Whose jacket is this?" He asked, facing me.

"This is Bin's jacket. He lended me this because he noticed me shivering earlier. I forgot to return it back. He must have felt cold while walking home. Aish! Oppa, what am I going to do?" I ruffled my hair out of frustration.

"Well, you can return it back to him tomorrow."

"But, it's cold outside. What if he gets sick? Plus, his house is a bit far from here." I took off his jacket and picked my phone up. Then, I called Bin.

"Hello?" He said over the phone.

"Oh, Bin-ah. Where are you?" I asked with concern.

"I'm about to get inside our house. Why? Is something wrong?"

"Well, I just wanted to ask you if you're okay. I forgot to return your jacket. I'm sorry. You must've felt cold walking home. I'm sorry Bin-ah." I looked down as I felt guilty.

"Yah. It's okay. Don't worry. Besides, I'm home already. Thanks for your concern."

"That's a relief. So, I'll return your jacket tomorrow. Goodnight!" I said as I ended the call.

"You worry too much about him. I told you he's going to be fine. Do you perhaps.." MJ oppa paused with a teasing smile.

"What are you thinking right now?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Do you perhaps like him?" He asked, leaning closer.