45 - THE GIFT

|Bin's POV|

"Who was that?" Soo-ah asked. "Eunwoo." Jiyoon simply replied with a smile on her face.

"What did he say?" I asked as my eyebrows raised in curiosity. "He said he's outside my house and he has something to say." She replied with excitement in her eyes.

"So, what are you waiting for?" Soo-ah said as she jumped in excitement. "Uhmm.. do I look okay?" Jiyoon asked as she examined her outfit.

"Don't worry noona, you look pretty, as always." Sanha said with a smile as he tapped her shoulder. "Thanks!" She exclaimed.

"Why don't you go now?" I said, forcing a smile on my face. "Okay. Thanks guys! Thank you so much for the party!" Jiyoon exclaimed as she rushed out of the house.

Why am I feeling weird? I should be happy for her. If Eunwoo asks her out, it's over. The deal's over. My job is done and.. she'll be happy. But, seeing her run to him.. I just can't explain why am I faking a smile right now.

"I guess we should clean up now." Soo-ah said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

|Jiyoon's POV|

Earlier

"Hello?" I answered the call. "Jiyoon-ah, I'm outside your house." The familiar voice said.

"Really?" I exclaimed as excitement ran through my veins. "Yeah. I have something to tell you, come out." He said.

"Oh, okay. I'll be there." I replied as a wide smile crept up my cheeks and ended the call. I explained to my friends what was that about and bid goodbye to them. I quickly rushed out and made my way to my house.

•••

After minutes of running like it seemed forever, I finally arrived at my destination. "Eunwoo!" I called him, raising my hand with a smile on my face while panting heavily.

"Jiyoon-ah! Happy birthday!" He exclaimed, waving his hand. I walked towards him and asked, "Oh? How did you know?"

"Just." He shrugged with a chuckle.

"Where have you been anyways?" He asked. "Oh, my friends had a surprise party for me at Sanha's house. Why didn't you come? Soo-ah said you were kinda busy." I replied.

"Yeah. I was busy preparing for my surprise too." He explained which made my eyes grew wider in curiosity. "Surprise? For whom?" I asked.

"Follow me." He smiled, grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the bus stop.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise." He replied.

We got on the bus and took our seats. I was sitting beside the window, examining the view. "What are these?" Eunwoo asked, pointing to the two paper bags. "Oh, these are my gifts from them. This is from Sanha and from Soo-ah." I replied, smiling.

"What about Bin?" He asked. "Uhmm.. I don't even know if he has something to give me. Pshh, it's fine if doesn't have. Besides, I'm already happy." I replied.

"You're so nice." He smiled and ruffled my hair which made my cheeks turn red.

•••

We got off the bus and entered the mall. "So, what are we doing here?" I asked. "We are going to watch a movie." He replied with a smile, wiggling his eyebrows.