22 - THE PROJECT

|Jiyoon's POV|

"Since we talked about what we love, which is music and what inspired us to do what we love, why don't we draw something that reminds us of them?" Eunwoo suggested with a smile.

"What a great idea! So, for me the stars reminds me of them." I explained. "Why?" He asked.

"It's because my parents told me to shine to my brightest. 'Believe in yourself and everything is possible.' was the last statement my dad said before he passed away. Since the stars shine brightly every night, that's why I thought that the stars remind me of them especially my dad." I explained with a smile.

"That's so..nice." Eunwoo smiled back. "Okay, for this project, let's use your idea." He said as he grabbed a paper and pencil. "But, you didn't get to share yours." I said with a worried face.

"It's okay. Plus yours is very inspirational. Don't worry, we might get a good grade on this one." He started to draw the dark night sky as I continued with the stars.

"Wow. You're good at drawing too!" He exclaimed as he looked at me while I was busy with the stars. "You too!" I faced him with a smile. I noticed that our faces were just inches apart. I felt my cheeks burning as my heart started to race. What is this feeling? I held my breath as I looked away from him.

Once I finished drawing, I showed it to Eunwoo. "Perfect!" He exclaimed as he sent me a smile. "High five!" I exclaimed as we did one.

"Wow! That's amazing!" A familiar female voice suddenly came from behind which caused us to jump out of our seats. "Mom! You scared me to death!" Eunwoo whined as he looked at Mrs. Cha.

"Oh, sorry." She chuckled. "So, I bet you guys are hungry. I prepared snacks!"

"No! I-it's fine Ma'am." I said as I stood up. "I was just about to leave since we're done with our project." I bowed my head as I bid my goodbye. But before I could head to the door, someone grabbed my hand.

I turned around and saw Eunwoo holding my hand. I was surprised by his actions. My heart started beating again as my face started to burn like crazy. "No, why don't you stay for a bit? Just take some bite then off you go." He said as he plastered his sweet smile on his face.

"Oh, okay. If you insist." I smiled back as I took a seat next to him. "Yey! Just wait a bit, I'll just get the food." Mrs. Cha exclaimed as she ran off to the kitchen.

"So, I'll just write the explanation at the back." I took the paper as I started to write. "Done!" I exclaimed as I lifted the paper up.

"Wow! You've got some great handwriting there." He complimented me with a smile. "Really? Thanks." I shyly smiled as I faced the floor.

"Okay lovebirds! Here's your food!" Mrs. Cha exclaimed as she put the tray on the table. What?! L-lovebirds?! W-who? U-u-us??!! I touched my burning cheeks as my heart started beating faster.

"Mom! We'll talk later." Eunwoo said as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay, okayy." She said as she sent us a teasing smile.

"I'm really sorry about her." He said with a sigh. "Nah, it's okay. I like your mom. She's nice. She's kind of cute too. No need to be ashamed of her, she's unique in her own ways." I said with a smile.

"Really? Thanks Jiyoon-ah." He smiled as he grabbed a cookie. His smile. That sweet angelic smile. It drives me nuts! What am I feeling?!

"Wow! These cookies look delicious!" I quickly snapped out of my thoughts as I took a bite. "Eunwoo-yah, mind if I ask?"

"No, I don't mind." He replied with a smile. "Where's your dad? I don't see him anywhere." I said as I took a look around the house. "Ahh, Dad's working abroad for the mean time. Why? Wanna meet him?" He asked with a teasing smile.

"Yah! I was just wondering!" I said as I slapped his arm. Then suddenly, my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and answered the call, I didn't get to see who was it.

"Hello?" I said, wondering who's on the phone. "Yah! Kim Jiyoon! Where are you?!" That husky voice almost made me bleed my ears. "Yah! Why do you have to shout?! Why?! What's the problem?" I exclaimed as I took another bite of the cookie.

"I'm just bored. Wanna hang out? Sanha's with me." Bin said over the phone. "Really? We're done with our work so I think I have time." I said with a smile.

"How about Soo-ah?" I asked. "Ahh, I called her too. She said she'll be with Rocky. We're at the amusement park, just informing you if you wanna come. Byee!" Before I could even reply, he ended the call.

"Aish! That jerk!" I scoffed as I looked at my phone. "Why? Something wrong?" He asked with a concern face.

"No. Everything's finee." I smiled, reassuring him. "Wanna hang out?" I added.

|Eunwoo's POV|

"Wanna hang out?" She said with her sweet smile. H-hang o-out? R-Really?!

I stared at her in awe as no words dared to escape from my mouth. "Ah, it's just, since were done with our project, I just wanted to-" I cut her off as I shook my head.

"No, it's fine. Are you kidding me? I'd love to!" I exclaimed. What did I just say?! Love to?! Cha Eunwoo!!

"Really?! Thanks Eunwoo-yah!" Her face lit up as she hugged me. I was frozen. I sat there frozen. I didn't know what to do with this girl.

She then broke the hug as she looked at me with her big smile. "Why don't you tell your mom first?"

"Go and have fun kids!" Mom exclaimed as she popped out of the blue. "Mom! Why do you keep popping out of nowhere for who knows?!" I whined as I walked towards her.

"Mom, thanks." I whispered to her as I gave her a hug. "Good luck with that girl." My eyes widened as I broke the hug. She sent me a wink and tapped my shoulder. "Eunwoo-yah, I'm your mom. I know every little thing about you. Now go, your princess is waiting."
"Bye kids! Be careful!" She said as she led us outside. "Mom, can you please put our project in my drawer?" I said as I sent her a smile. "Oh, of course!"

"Bye Mrs. Cha!" Jiyoon said as she waved her hand with a smile plastered on her face.

"Oh, wait. I'll have to tell my brother about this. Wait here." She said as she ran towards their house.

Minutes later, she came outside as she linked arms with her brother. "Oppa meet Eunwoo. Eunwoo, this is MJ my big bro." She smiled as she introduced me to him.

"Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Cha Eunwoo, I am a friend of Jiyoon. Nice to meet you." I said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too Eunwoo-ssi." He smiled as he reached out his hand. I bowed my head and we shook hands.

"Let's go! They might be waiting for us!" She exclaimed as she grabbed the two of us.

Wait. They? Who is she referring to?