33 - THE DEAL

|Jiyoon's POV|

"Ah right. That time, at the bus station. Hyerim approached you right? What did she say?" He asked as a hint of hope glittered in his eyes.

"Jiyoon-ah, can you let me sit with Eunwoo?"
"Shh, this is our little secret..I like Eunwoo."

"Jiyoon? Kim Jiyoon? Hellooo??" I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Bin waving his hand right in front of my face.

"Ah yes." I blinked my eyes as I faced him. "What on earth are you thinking? What did she say?" He asked as he crossed his arms on the table.

"Sorry Bin." I apologized as I lowered my head. "Eh? For what?" He asked with a confused face.

"For keeping secrets and for not keeping my promise." I replied as I lowered my voice.

"W-what do you mean?" He asked. "I'm sorry but I can't tell you what happened that time." I said as I faced him.

"Why not?" He asked with a confused face. "I'm sorry but I just can't." I replied as I shook my head.

"Why? Why can't you?" He asked with a worried face as he raised his eyebrows.

"You..y-you'll be.." I paused. "I'll be what?" He asked curiously.

"You'll be hurt! Okay?" I exclaimed as I clenched my fists. "Why would I be?" He asked as he narrowed his eyes.

"Do you still wanna hear it?" I asked. "Yes! But before you say it, can you please explain to me.." He said as he let out a sigh.

"What?" I asked out of curiosity. "At the bus..you cried. Are you okay?" He asked with a worried face.

I..cried?! I thought it..I was only dreaming! But it turns out..

"That..that was connected to what Hyerim told me. Bin, you'll be hurt." I explained as I lowered down my head.
"I..I'm sorry Jiyoon but..I'm dying to know! Even if it hurts me, I still want to know about it." He explained as he held his chest.

"Yah! You don't need to exaggerate." I scoffed. "Fine. If you wanna know, I'll let you know." I added as I let out a sigh.

"That time, when she approached me, she asked me if she can sit with Eunwoo." I explained.

"Eunwoo? Why?" He asked with a confused face. "Yeah, I was wondering too." I replied as I nodded my head.

"Then I asked her why is she asking permission from me. I find it kind of weird that time. Then it turns out.." I paused as I recalled what happened.

"I like Eunwoo."

"What? It turns out what?" Bin asked as his eyes grew wider out of curiosity.

I let out a sigh as I faced Bin. "It turns out, she likes Eunwoo." I replied as I lowered down my voice.

"W-what? D-did I j-just hear it r-right?" He replied stuttering as he leaned closer. "Sorry Bin." I said as I faced the floor.

"Yah! Why are you sorry?" He exclaimed as he grabbed my shoulders. "I'm just sorry." I replied.

|Bin's POV|

"Wait. Jiyoon-ah." I said as an idea popped in my head.

"What?" She replied as she faced me. "I..how about we make a deal?" I said as my eyes grew wider.

"Deal? What kind of deal?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes.

"How about I'll play as matchmaker for you and Eunwoo? But in exchange, no more keeping secrets." I said with a smile as I raised an eyebrow.

"Bin have you gone mad? Matchmaker my butt." She scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

"You don't want it? Fine. Then you can always stay on a one-sided love for the rest of your life." I smiled sarcastically as I patted her head.

"Wait! Are you serious?" She asked. "Yeah, I am." I replied, smiling.

"How about you and Hyerim? You like her right?" She asked. "Well.." I replied as my rubbed the back of my neck.

"Let me change the deal. How about I play matchmaker for you and Hyerim while you help me with Eunwoo too." She said as she raised her eyebrows, curious of my answer.

"Hummm.." I said as I placed my fingers on my chin. "What? Deal?" She asked as she reached out her hand.

"Deal!" I replied with a smile as we shook hands. "How about your secrets?" I asked.

"Sorry. Since I spilled it already, I promise I won't keep secrets anymore." She replied with a reassuring smile.

"I hope so. Pinky promise?" I asked as I reached out my pinky finger. "Are you kidding me? We're not kids anymore." She scoffed.

"Yah!" I whined. "Fine. Finee." She sighed as we pinky promised.

"Sunday. 10:00 pm, Jiyoon promised not to keep secrets anymore and we made a deal that I'll be helping her with her crush Eunwoo." I said.

"Sunday. 10:00 pm, I promised to Bin that I won't be keeping secrets anymore as we made a deal that I'll be playing matchmaker for Bin and his crush Hyerim." She said with a smile.

"Whew, it sounds funny!" I exclaimed with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I know right." She replied as we both laughed.

"Okay! How about we go home now?" I said as I stood up. "Sure!" She replied as we walked to the door.

We got outside the restaurant as the cold wind embraced our bodies. "Hooo, it's kinda chilly out here." I said. "I know right. Good thing I have my coat with me." She replied.

"Shall I walk you home?" I said as I hung my arm around her shoulder. "Tha-" Before she could even reply, a familiar voice popped out of nowhere.