38 - PROTECT HER

|3rd person's POV|

Bin made his way to where the sniffles were coming from. He balled his fists in anger as he saw his bestfriend covered with flour and eggs. What made him angrier was, Hyerim poured another bag of flour over Jiyoon's head.

Hyerim, Minji and the other two girls had evil grins on their faces as they laughed at Jiyoon. "What? Still won't stay away from them?" Minji smiled sarcastically as she pulled Jiyoon's hair.

"Stay away from who?" Bin asked as he gritted his teeth.

The girls looked at him surprised as Minji quickly let go of Jiyoon's hair. "B-Bin...i-it's n-not w-what y-you t-think." She stuttered.

"Then what are you doing? Are you playing?" He asked as his eyes were raged with anger. Then, Sanha and Eunwoo came running with worry all over their faces. Eunwoo was about to help Jiyoon but Bin got her first.

Bin helped her stand up as he took off his coat and wrapped it around her body.

"E-Eunwoo." Hyerim stuttered as her eyes widened knowing that her hand was covered with flour.

Minji grabbed Bin's arm but he quickly shoved her hand away. "B-Bin, I-I-I c-can e-explain." She stuttered.

"No one asked for your excuses." He replied sternly and paid back his attention to Jiyoon. Sanha then came running to Bin and Jiyoon as he examined his noona.

"N-Noona, a-are you o-okay?" He asked, about to tear up. "I'm okay Sanha." She replied in a soft yet weak voice.

Bin then carried her in a bridal style all the way back downstairs to take her to the nurse's office.

Eunwoo didn't follow them since he had to take care of the girls. "Hyerim, were you part of this?" He asked in a stern voice as he balled his fists.

"E-Eunwoo.." She stuttered. "Answer me, were you part of this?!" He asked once again as his voice got louder.

"Y-yes. But I-I c-can e-explain." She stuttered, lowering her head as Eunwoo scoffed. "I can't believe that Jiyoon had a friend like you. I thought you were nice." He added as he turned his back against them.

"E-Eunwoo..I like you." She said as she hugged him.

Eunwoo removed her hands off his waist as he responded, "I don't like someone who hurts my friend." He then walked away without looking back.

|Sanha's POV|

I followed Bin hyung as he brought Jiyoon noona to the nurse's office. I felt so guilty. I felt super responsible for what happened to her.

If only...if only I quickly helped her. If only I wasn't such a coward to protect my noona from those mean girls.

I clenched my fists as warm tears streamed down my cheeks while watching Jiyoon noona covered with flour and eggs. Her eyes were red and puffy as he clung unto Bin hyung.

We rushed to the nurse's office as Bin hyung laid her on one of the beds. He quickly grabbed a towel and cleaned noona's face.

I really felt sorry for her since she still kept on crying as she balled her fists. Her face was already clean, thanks to Bin hyung. But her hair and her uniform were still dirty.

Suddenly she sat up on the bed as tears were endlessly escaping from her eyes. Bin hyung pulled her into a warm, comforting hug as she buried her face into his chest.

"I..I thought I was b-brave. I..I had too much c-confidence w-when I..c-confronted t-them..but, I guess..I-I was wrong. Too wrong." She cried.

"There, there." Bin hyung comforted her as he patted her back.