21 - APOLOGY II

|Eunwoo's POV|

I walked towards Jiyoon with a smile on my face. "You okay?" She asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." I replied with a smile, reassuring her. I took the empty spot beside her as I looked at her.

"Jiyoon-ah, I have something to say." My heart started beating faster as I gathered all my courage to tell her. "The time when you accidentally bumped me, the time when we first met, I was really cold, wasn't I?"

"Well-uhh.." She scratched the back of her neck as she looked down. "To be honest, yes."

"I just wanted to say sorry for that day. Also, that time, when we were in our classroom. I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry Jiyoon-ah. I truly am sorry. I was such a jerk." I faced the floor as I was ashamed of myself, guilty of what I did to her.

|Jiyoon's POV|

"Jiyoon-ah, I have something to say." My heart started beating faster, but I don't know why. I was just feeling nervous of..I don't know!

"I just wanted to say sorry for that day." Uh? Wait. He's apologizing right?

"A-ah, E-Eunwoo-yah. It's o-okay. I replied as I patted his shoulder. "I accept your apology." I added with a smile.

"Really? Thank you Jiyoon-ah." He replied as a smile appeared on his face. "No problem." I smiled as I patted his head.

We stared at each other as smiles were on our faces. It was getting awkward so I decided to remove my hand from his hair. But suddenly, the door opened.

"Eunwoo-yah, I'm-" A woman in mid 30's stared at us in awe as my hand was still stuck on Eunwoo's hair. I quickly removed it as I stood up and greeted her. "Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Kim Jiyoon."

"Eunwoo-yah, why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?" She asked with a chuckle. "I'm sorry if I ruined your moment, I'll just.." She said as she bowed her head.

What?! G-girlfriend?! M-M-Meee??! Why is my heart beating like crazy?! I must have gone mad. My eyes grew wider as I heard her statement.

"Mom! It's not what you think! She's just a friend. We're just working for our project in arts." Eunwoo explained. Oh? So she's his mother. Wow, beauty does run in genes. No wonder he's so handsome, he got from his mom.

Wait. What am I thinking? I shook my head as I snapped out of my thoughts. "You okay Jiyoon-ah?" Eunwoo asked. "Oh, I-uhh..I'm fine." I replied as I placed an awkward smile on my face.

"Hi Jiyoon-ah." Eunwoo's mom walked towards me with her sweet smile. Wow. She's totally amazing. She's like an angel. She's more beautiful up close.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Cha Narae. I'm Eunwoo's mom. It's nice meeting you." She smiled as she reached out her hand. "Oh, it's nice meeting you too!" I replied as we shook hands.

"You can continue to what you're doing, don't mind me." She said as she went to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about her." Eunwoo scratched the back of his neck as he placed a forced smile on his face. "So, how about we start now?" I suggested as I changed the subject.

"Oh, let me go and get some art materials. I'll be quick." He said as he ran upstairs and I nodded in reply.

"So Jiyoon-ah, how's my son?" Mrs. Cha asked as she suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Oh, he's fine." I replied with a smile. "Is he nice to you?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow. "Well.." I was cut off when Eunwoo came running with his art materials.

"Mom! What are you doing? Are you checking me through her?" He whined as he took a seat. He's quite cute. JIYOON! FOCUS!

"Okay, okayy. I'll give you two some space. You can call me if you need some help." She smiled with a wink.

"Aigoo." Eunwoo whined as he rubbed his hair. "Let's start!" He added as his expression changed.

"Okay!" I replied with a smile. "So, what are we going to draw?" He asked as he faced me.

"I have no idea. How about something we have in common?" I suggested. "Yeah, that's nice too. So what do you like?" He questioned.

I chuckled at his statement. "What?" He asked as curiosity spread all over his face. "N-No, it's just..it's more like getting to know each other." I replied with a chuckle.

"Ah, I thought something was on my face." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "N-No. So, I love music." I quickly changed the subject.

"Really? Me too!" He exclaimed. Wow. We did have something in common. "Really?! You must have a good voice." I complimented him with a smile.

"Nah." He seemed embarrassed as he faced the floor. "So, since we both like music, how about we share first why."
"Well, okay. So, you first." I smiled at him. "No, you first. Ladies first." He smiled back. "Oh, okay. If you insist. Since my brother likes to sing, I think I got it from him. I started singing since I was 3."

"Wow. Daebak!" He exclaimed with his mouth open. "You must be good at dancing too." He added with a smile. "Dancing? Hahaha. I'm terrible at dancing." I explained as I scratched my head.

"How about you Eunwoo-yah?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows. "I love singing too. I participated in singing contests when I was in grade school. My parents were my inspiration. They never stopped rooting for me. It makes me feel happy that my parents are always there for me. Speaking of inspiration, who is your inspiration Jiyoon-ah?"

"Me? My parents were my inspiration too. Since I was young, they were always there for us. We were such a happy family back then. But when.." I paused for a while, controlling myself from getting emotional.

"Jiyoon-ah, you okay? But what happened?" I looked at Eunwoo as the incident played back in my mind. "Ah, sorry. I guess you don't want to talk about it."

"N-No, i-it's okay. It was then my dad passed away. He got into a car accident four years ago." I held my tears back as I clenched my fists. "Ah, Jiyoon-ah I am so sorry. I truly am sorry for getting so curious." He patted my back which made me feel at ease. "It's okay Eunwoo-yah. It's no sin for being curious." I smiled at him as I forgot what happened back then.

-

A/N: Hey guys! So we know that Eunwoo's real name is Lee Dongmin. So for this story, let's just say Cha Eunwoo is his real name.

You can vote if you liked it! Thnx! 💞