30 - FRIEND

|Jiyoon's POV |

I went inside the fitting room as I tried the dress. As I went out, Mom was clapping her hands like a little kid as a wide smile appeared on her face.

"My Jiyoon. My dear Jiyoon. When did you grow up so fast? You look so good on that dress. My daughter's such a lady now." She smiled as she examined me.

"Since you picked it, we'll take it. Now, now." She said with a thumbs up as she pushed me back to the fitting room.

I changed back into my clothes as mom paid for the dress. We went back to the parking area when mom screamed out of the blue.

"Ah! I almost forgot!" My eyes grew wider out of surprise. "What?!"

"Oh sorry about that. I promised your brother I'll buy something for him too." She said with a faint smile.

"Why don't you buy him a mint jacket?" I replied with a smile. "Really? Would he love that?" Mom asked with hope in her eyes.

"Of course! Oppa loves mint color." I exclaimed as I patted mom's shoulder. "Okay, let's just go back inside and buy him one." I nodded in reply as we went back inside the mall and got inside a store.

"This would fit him." Mom and I said in unison as we picked a mint jacket. Mom paid for it as we head back to our car and got ready to go back home.

"So mom, would you care to spill the beans now? Like, I mean EVERYTHING." I said as I fastened my seatbelt.

"Fine. You really want to know huh?" She said as she started driving. "Tonight you'll meet with this fine young man. I really like him. I hope you'll like him too." My eyes widened out of shock out of surprise.

"What?! Are you setting me up on a blind date?! Mom!!" I whined as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Of course not! I know you hate blind dates." She replied with a teasing smile.

"Aish!" I scoffed as I folded my arms.

"Mom what does it mean when you like someone?" I asked as I chilled down.

"Like someone? Why? Do you like someone?" She said as she nudged my shoulder. "Mom! Focus!" I whined.

"Ah yes, sorry." She replied teasingly.

"Never mind that question. So, what restaurant am I having dinner later? But, why am I the only one? I want to have dinner with you and oppa!" I whined as I crossed my arms.

"It's a secret. You'll know everything tonight." She replied with a smile.

"Mom you keep so many secrets! I don't want to go!" I complained as I stamped my feet.

"Then why did you pick a dress if you don't wanna go?" She asked teasingly.

"Aish! It's because I thought the three of us were having dinner!" I scoffed as I faced the window.

"Aigoo.." She said with a chuckle. "Mom, drop me off here." My eyes widened as I tapped her arm.

"Yah! You startled me! Why? What's wrong?" She stopped the car as she faced me.

"Ah, I was just craving for ice cream. Hehe..want one?" I placed a cheesy smile on my face as I faced her.

"Okay! Buy one for your brother too." She replied with a smile. "Okie! Byee! I'll just walk home." I smiled as I got off the car.

"Be careful!" She waved her hand as she drived away.

I walked towards the convenience store to buy some ice cream. I went to the ice cream lane and got three flavors.

"One cookies and cream for me, vanilla for mom and chocolate for oppa!" I exclaimed as I walked towards the cashier.

"These too. I'll pay for all of these including the ice cream." A husky voice said, coming from behind.

I turned around and saw Eunwoo. "Cha Eunwoo! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed as he smiled in reply.

That smile. There goes my heart beating again. I felt my cheeks burning as nervousness ran across my body.

"You're lucky you have such a nice boyfriend miss." The cashier smiled.

My eyes widened as that statement came out of her mouth. "Ah n-no. I-it's n-not what you think. W-we aren't..h-he isn't m-my b-boyfriend." What?! B-boyfriend?! I'm going nuts! T-this is my second time! We're just friends! Just friends!!

"She's right miss. We're just good friends." He smiled as he hung his arm around my shoulder.

My eyes grew wider as I looked at his hand. Heart racing. Cheeks burning. What in the world is happening to me?!

"Oh really? I'm sorry." The cashier bowed her head as she apologized. "No, it's fine." I replied as I shook my head.

We got out of the store as Eunwoo gave me my ice cream. "Yah! Why did you have to pay for it?" I whined as I nudged his shoulder.

"I owe you an apology." He said with a smile. "Apology? Huh?" I asked with a confused face as I took a bite of my ice cream.

"About that time. When I was too cold and when I put you in shame. I'm sorry. I truly am sorry." He said as he bowed his head.

"Eunwoo-yah, it's in the past now. Besides, you've already apologized right?" I said as I tapped his shoulder.

"But I think it wasn't enough. I'm just sorry Jiyoon-ah." He said as he lowered his head.

"Yah! It's okayy. I accept your apology." I smiled as I ruffled his hair.

"Really?!" He looked at me as his face lit up. "Of course!" I replied as I tapped his shoulder.

"How about we go home together?" I added with a smile. "Sure!" He replied as we started walking.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" He asked as he faced me. "Well uhh..why?" I replied as I took another bite.

"I uhmm..I just wanna hang out with you." He said shyly as he lowered his head.

"With whom? Are any of your friends coming?" I asked as I tried to face him.

"No, just the two of us." He replied as he faced me.

H-hangout? J-just the two of us?

"Don't get me wrong. I'm inviting you as a friend." He added with a smile.

Oh yeah. Just friends.