49 - WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO?

|Jiyoon's POV|

It been 3 days since my birthday and Bin has been ignoring me lately. Whenever I ask him something, he'd just nod his head or reply something too short.

While waiting for our next teacher, I decided to talk to him again. I took a seat in front of him and watch him scan his books even though he really hates to study.

"Yah.." I called him softly. He just hummed in response without even looking at me.

"Follow me." I said as I stood up. He just looked at me as he shook his head. "Aish! Follow me or you'll go home with a black eye."

He then heaved out a sigh and stood up from his seat. I decided to go to the rooftop so that we'll have some privacy.

As we got there, he didn't even dare to look at me. "Bin-ah.." I called him softly but he still paid his attention in front.

I let out a sigh and said, "Fine. Since you have ears, I'm sure you can hear what I'm saying. Yah, Moon Bin. Why are you doing this to me? You're not like this. Where's the old Binnie that used to make fun of me? Where's the old Binnie that I used to know? I miss him."

He then looked at me with that unreadable expression again. But this time, I could see sadness in his eyes.

"Please.. just.. can you please just tell me if you're fine or not? I really need to know. I can't sleep properly because I'm worried. You're filling up questions in my mind Bin. I'm worried sick okay?! You're making me worry! We even promised not to keep secrets anymore but look at what you're doing. You're not opening-"

He cut me off as he pulled me into a hug. I tried to escape from his embrace but he hugged me tighter. "Yah, what are you doing?"

"Just.. let's just stay like this for a few minutes." He said. It's the first time after three days from my birthday that I've heard him respond properly.

"Okay." I replied as I hugged him back. "Now, I'm all ears. Can you please just give me some explanation? Are you okay? Are you doing fine?"

"I'm fine. Yes, I'm fine. But to be honest.. I'm not." He replied in a low tone with a hint of sadness in his husky voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked out of concern. "I'm not fine, and you're the reason." He started. My eyebrows furrowed as I asked myself 'why?'

"You may be asking yourself why right now but.. it's true. You are the main reason. I'm not trying to make you feel bad for me, I'm just telling you the truth about what I feel. Stop worrying about me and focus on your own life. If you keep doing these things, you're making me more confused. You're filling up more unanswered questions in my mind Kim Jiyoon."

I rubbed his back as I said, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? You haven't done anything wrong." He said which made me more confused. "I don't understand Bin." I replied.

"I know. I don't understand either. Look, I'm sorry for ignoring you these days and I'm sorry for keeping such secrets." He said.

"It's fine. I'm glad you opened up right now." I smiled. I broke the hug as I looked into his sad eyes.

"Don't give me that look. Where's the smiling Bin?"

|Bin's POV|

I sent her a faint smile as she raised her thumb. "That's it! Good boy."

"I hope you're feeling better right now." She said with a smile as she patted my head.

I don't know Jiyoon. I'm glad to know that you're still here by my side.. but I'm still not fine. My heart is aching right now because of you.