60 - YOU LIKE HIM

|Jiyoon's POV|

"Hey, wanna go get some ice cream?" Bin asked. I sent him a 'really?' look as he shrugged in reply.

"I have a cold, you idiot." I replied as I flicked his forehead. "Ow! That hurt!" He whined, pouting his lips.

"Nah. I don't care." He carelessly said, crossing his arms. "Tell me young man, do you want to die this early?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

He then abruptly stood up and stretched his arms. "Mrs. Kim! Jiyoon and I will go out for a while!" He exclaimed.

"Punk." I glared at him as he sticked his tongue out. "Oh, no worries!" Mom replied smiling.

Ugh, come on.

"Thank you Mrs. Kim!" He said with a wide smile. "Are you seriously going out with those pajamas?" I asked while pointing to it.

"Yeah. Why not? Besides, we're just heading to the convenience store across the street." He replied.

I groaned frustratingly as I focused my gaze on the television. "Come on! You can't let the ice cream waiting!" He exclaimed as he quickly pulled my arms.

"Ugh." I complained. "Byee!! We'll be back!" He exclaimed, dragging me outside.

•••

"Why are you so excited anyway?" I curiously asked as we stepped inside the store. "Because I'm spending my time with you." He replied, sending me his puppy smile.

I was taken aback by what he said so I quickly shook the thought off. "It's not like your first time anyway." I said.

"Yeah." He responded. "But, I'm not myself when I'm with you. I'm happier and more hyper." He added, turning to me. I gulped harder, trying to get myself back together.

Bin quickly headed to the ice cream lane while I slowly trailed behind him. "I'll have.. ooh! What's this? Ba-nana?"

I chuckled once I saw the flavor that he was holding. "It's Banana, you dummy. Ba-na-na. Not Ba-nana."

"Pssh. It's just the same. Besides it's still ice cream." He insisted. I shook my head as I clicked my tongue.

Once I dropped my gaze towards the freezer, something caught my eyes. "Chocolate ice cream!" I exclaimed. I moved my hand towards it and quickly picked it up. I eyed the ice cream when he suddenly slapped my hand, causing me to lose grip of it.

"Yah!" I whined. "You said you have cold, you idiot. But now you're planning to buy one?" He snorted.

"You're not my mom." I replied, sticking my tongue out. "Come here." He said, dragging me to the left side of the store.

"Eat this. Not ice cream." He then picked up a triangle kimbap while I passed him a wide smile.

•••

"Thanks for the treat!" I exclaimed once we took our seats. I removed the wrapper and took a bite. "Hmm! Yum!"

He chuckled. Just then, he opened his Banana flavored ice cream. "It's.. delicious!" He happily said.

"Hey, next week will be our midterm examinations right?" I asked.

"Oh come on! You're sick but you're talking about school? Lame." He complained.