57 - WHAT IF IT'S YOU?

|Jiyoon's POV|

Just like yesterday, we walked to school without Eunwoo. Actually, I'm pretty disappointed at him. I really looked forward to that 'movie date' he wanted. It turns out, he didn't even let me know where he was or sent some stupid single text. Nothing. Totally nothing. From now on, I won't expect such things.

As I got to my room, I noticed Eunwoo's bag was placed on his desk. So, he's here today huh?

I took a glance at Bin's desk but he wasn't there, same goes for Eunwoo. As I placed my bag on my desk, I looked at the doorway of the room and saw Bin with such a pissed face. But as soon as he saw me, his expression quickly changed.

What's wrong with this guy? Weird.

"Hey Jiyoon. Are you feeling better now?" He asked with a smile on his face.

I nodded my head in reply as I smiled back. Just then, the bell rang. "Need to go back to my seat." Bin said as I nodded in reply.

I sat on my desk and paid my attention in front. "Good morning class! Everybody settle down." Professer Shin said as he entered the room.

"Oh Eunwoo! Where have you been?" He abruptly asked. Just hearing his name makes a frown climb up my cheeks.

I turned my head around and looked at him. He looked at me too. "I.. just went to the bathroom." He said as he quickly avoided eye contact.

"Very well. Now get to your seat." Professor Shin said as Eunwoo nodded in reply and followed his instruction.

"Now get your books. We have some new lesson to discuss today."

As Eunwoo took his seat, which was next to mine, I didn't dare to look at him or talk to him. I focused on my book as I noticed him looking at me in the corner of my eye. Earlier, I noticed the 'sorry look' on his face as he looked at me. But still, he should've told me that he couldn't come. Waiting for him 3 hours straight was like hell.

•••

*ringgg* *ringgg*

"Ji.. Jiyoon." I turned my head around as soon as I heard him call me. I looked at Eunwoo as I sent him a 'what?' look.

"Can.. can we talk?" He stuttered as his voice got lower and softer. "Follow me. Please." He pleaded as he stood up from his seat and exited the room.

At the school garden

I looked at him with an uninterested face whilst crossing my arms against my chest. "You better have some good explanation Cha Eun Woo." I thought to myself.

"I.. I'm sorry." He said as he lowered his head.

"Sorry?" I scoffed.

"I.. I know that I did hurt your feelings. I know that one 'sorry' is not enough. But Jiyoon.. it's all I could say. And I'm saying it with sincerity. I really am sorry." He said as he looked at me this time. I felt my face softened as I noticed the truth in his eyes.

"You.. did you know that I really looked forward to that? That hang out with you?" I said as I clenched my fists. Eunwoo's eyes grew wider as he blinked it thrice.

"J-Jiyoon.."

"Do you even have some explanation? Eunwoo?"

"Yes. I.. do." He stuttered once more. "I.. yesterday.. I couldn't go to school because we hurried to my grandma at Busan. We heard that she was admitted to the hospital."

W-what?! I..
Hearing his explanation made me feel sorry for him.

"I was absent yesterday because we left the house at 5:45 am." He added.