i adore you, tommy shelby

You stand with your arms wrapped around your frame, your teeth biting into your bottom lip as you wait patiently for his arrival. You stand before the open window overlooking the gate to your house. The sound of rain pitter pattering against the ground instantly soothes your soul. Thunder cracks open the silent night, as lightening breaks the black sky in half.

Patiently waiting for his arrival, its a nightly routine. He's requested you to stay up waiting for him, because nowadays, it feels like you two don't see much of each other. So you grant him that, rubbing the sleep away from eyes and occupying your mind with a book, perhaps drawing or cleaning up the house.

That's what we do, you tell yourself through a yawn, we wait for each other.

And when his overly bright headlights peer out from the array of trees do you get excited. Like a kid in a candy store, or perhaps a lovesick girl who awaits her one true love.

Its you and him, and then everything else in the world stands miles away. You've learned to call each enough, as if you two are happy enough to die today. Because that's what Tommy is to you, he's enough. And even though you tell him that everyday, you know deep down he thinks otherwise.

"You make me so happy, y/n." He commented once as you two laid in bed. "All I do this think about you, and when we're together I-." He lets out a shaky breath, "All I need in life is you."

He ran his fingers through your hair, you gently lean into his touch, blushing deeply. His thumb runs across your lip and the world stills as Thomas Shelby tells you, "I love you."

He was never this person to anyone else. He's had many women in his life, but something about you unleashed a man so kind and romantic. He's given you entry into his heart, and you've been gentle with him, and you've showed this unconditional love. He was vulnerable with you in a way that was new to him, and shocking to you.

But somehow, you two have somehow made things work. And you two have created this uncontrollable love towards each other. And that man, that man who used to be so tough and stubborn, he's become someone who laughs all the time, and smiles, and kisses you fearlessly.

He steps out of his car and shuts the door, briefcase in his hand. You can tell he's had a rough day by the way his shoulders look. They practically touch his earlobes. And those warm eyes are a deserted blue.

You move to the front door and swing open the door, the robe you wear flows in the wind. He raises his head to meet your eyes. Usually, he'd scoop you up into his big arms and kiss you without a care in the world. Spin you around, because he's happy you stayed awake. And you'd wrap your legs around him and snake your arms around him, before smiling against his lips.

He'd move you to the dining room, where you'd fetch him a small meal and a glass of whiskey. He's usually just smoke, and you two would talk, and talk, and talk. Before he'd shower, and you'd prepare for bed.

"Hey," You grab his arm, tilting your head to catch is. Stopping him from entering the house, that smile on your face and high hopes of having a good night is shattered.

"It's raining," He tells you as if you don't know. Rain falls over his head as he mentions the house. "Let's talk inside,"

You move to the side, allowing him entry before spinning around. "How was your day?" You try.

But he ignores you, taking off his coat. You look into his eyes, but can't look at you.  

"Look at me, Tommy." You say once moving before him.

"I've had a," He inhales sharply, rubbing his palm against his nose to sniffle quickly. "A hard day, ay?" He looks at you before sighing. "Go to bed." His fingers press against your cheeks. He leans down and kisses you. "You look tired. Go to bed, love."

"Won't you come up?" You search his eyes, trying to plead with him. "Come with me to bed, Tommy..."

"I've got something's to do," He swallows, clearing his throat. "I promise, though." He moves his hand against your hip, moving you away from him. "I'll be up soon."

He leaves you in the foyer, to be back to where you once were. Alone. Upstairs you go, knowing he just needs a little space. And as you lay in bed, your mind swims with the thought of him. Within no time are you pacing around the room, wondering how to get to him.

There are many routes and avenues of Thomas Shelby. Roads you haven't ever been down. He's the most complex and intricate being you have ever met. Cold sheets are just not enough.

You find your way through the curves of the hallway before finding yourself in his office. You wrap your blanket around yourself, knowing you wear nothing underneath. The door to his office is slightly opened, so you lift your leg and lightly push it further.

You can see him hunched over his desk, his head bowed before your movement raise his gaze. You blink, trying to wrap your head around him. You hate it when he spends his nights here, in darkness. All alone.

"Y/N." He pushes back as you approach him. He's got a lit cigarette between his fingers and brings it to his lips. But you want other things against his lips right now.

You can see his eyes moving towards your attire, you sit on his desk. "Tell me what's wrong." You whisper, knowing Thomas wont tell you. You move your fingers to the side of his face. "Tell me..." You press watching his eyes flutter shut.

"Nothing now that you're here." Tommy leans into your touch, the way you have many times before kissing your palm. He takes your arm in his hand and pulls you into him. The duvet falls to the floor and you stand before him naked.

You take the smoke from his mouth and turn slightly to burn it out. You feel his eyes on yours.

His eyes move up your body. A body he loves entirely. You allow him time to stare, little moments of insecurity spark into your mind, but you ignore them. Knowing exactly what you do to Thomas.

"What can I do?" You grab his face and force him to look up at you. "Tell me what you need, baby, please."

He answers by kissing your body. His overpowering hands move to the back of your legs where he invites you to sit on his lap. But you don't want do that, so you fold your legs on opposite sides of him and straddle him.

You nod, gasping once he kisses your chest. Covering your nipple with his mouth. You can feel yourself get instantly aroused, something that you have no problem with feeling.

So you answer him by giving him what he wants. You kiss him, and touch him, you tell him what he needs to hear. He's soft with you, and makes sure to love you even though he's the one who's in pain. And as your run your fingers through his slightly damp hair, you can hear him lightly snore against you. He rests his head on your chest. Some nights are filled with a happiness so wonderful, while others are like this.

And you don't complain because you know who he is. And you know when he works, it takes the life out of him. So you do what you do best, and piece back the man that is your Tommy Shelby.