giving him a haircut

You're laying on your bed for the first time in what felt like a long time and finally feel your shoulders relax. Michael Gray's been away on a little business trip which meant you had to take reign. Next to him, you were the only one who could really do proper maths.

He comes back tomorrow, you happily tell yourself, knowing you can go back to being the secretary you actually quite enjoyed being for the Shelby Company Limited.

You can hear your mum calling your name from downstairs, not too sure of what she wants you assume its because she wants you to have dinner.

"Not hungry mum!" You call, hoping that does the trick.

You're far too exhausted to sit at the table and eat. You roll onto your side, tucking your hand under your pillow, letting out a yawn. Sleep surrounds you before your door opens, and as you open your eyes that sleep quickly disappears when you see none other than Thomas Shelby standing in your bedroom, hands in his pockets as he raises an eyebrow up at you.

He tilts his head, making you bounce up from your bed. "Jesus!" You quickly pull down your dress, smoothening it out before looking at him. He shuts the door behind him, studying you.

"Mr. Shelby." You gasp, looking around your bedroom. It's so messy, dear God. But your eyes fall on the pink teddybear on your dresser, you nearly lunge at it before he walks towards it. Your nightmares come true, the man of your dreams in your bedroom.

Oh God, the family photos on the wall in the hallway. He must have seen them coming up the stairs. Dear God!

"Sorry to bother you, I know you finished work already..." Thomas picks up your stuffed bear, the thing looks tiny in his hand. He gives you a questionable glare.

"No." You shake your head, "I mean, i-it's totally fine."

"I don't mean to show up unannounced. Your mother said it was alright if I came up."

That's because she's petrified of yous, you want to tell him, but he looks around and breaks into a light smile, "I didn't take you for someone who still lived at your parents house still. I pay you enough to rent out a flat on your own."

Moving your hands behind you back, you look down at your toes and curl them inside. "My parents want me in the house until I marry." You chirp before licking your far-too-dry lips. "Mr. Shelby, is e-everything alright?" Why are you at my house, mate?!

He puts down your teddy, and you're thankful that he didn't make a snarky comment on it. Making his way back to where he started off, you two stand across from each other, and all you feel is scared.

Thomas Shelby doesn't even really look at you at work, and when he does its either to say good morning, or goodnight. And if he ran out of whiskey or smokes. Your interactions are very minimal. This was something you were gracious for, even though you had a 'mega-huge crush on him', as your best friend called it.

"Everything's just find, y/n." He moves his hand to the back of his neck, "Did you cut hair before?"

"Huh?" You heard him fine, but you just pretend like you didn't hear him. Your heart jumps.

"Hair. Did you cut hair before working for me?"

Fuckin' hell.

"Yes, Mr. Shelby." You blink.

"I'll need you to cut mine. The lad I always go to's got the flu."

Jesus, what if I cut him?

I swallow, already shaking my head. "Mr. Shelby, I-I really don't think-"