The Wife (7)

"So his name is Benjamin..."

He wants a last name, and I refuse to provide him with it so instead I say, "I don't know. He never told me." I cover my mouth with my fingers, tapping lightly before I lean in and push my hand into his leg. "Your turn."

He nodded. "Well." Thomas frowns, deeply. "We just fucked. There was no buying of drinks, or calling anyone a sweetheart. Or fucking in the sea, and then upstairs in the bath, and then–"

"Thomas." I start.

"Sorry." He flat out replies. I watch as he nods at me. "You had feelings for him, then?"

I look blankly at the carpet, unsure of how to answer that. I know we promised we won't argue or fight, but I imagine if I tell Tommy the truth, he'll throw a fit.

"Fair enough." He swallowed. "I didn't have feelings for Lizzie."

"Were there others?" I asked, tilting my head as I looked up at him.

He caught a glimpse of me. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you might cry if I tell you there were others."

I swallow, and purse my lips. I will absolutely cry if I hear that he's fucked other women. I look up at the ceiling and shake my head.

"I only got with Lizzie." He said after a moment of silence. "I regret fucking her, I pulled her along with my madness. I made her think I loved her, when all I was doing was thinking of you. Treatin' her, like how I treat you."

"Thomas you didn't treat me right." I scoff, lightly.

"That's always bee your problem." He hisses, "I never made you happy."

"You did!" I tell him, "Before the war, Thomas, I was the luckiest girl alive being with a gentleman like you."

"The man who left for France is dead." He snaps. "Oi! You hear me, Joanna. If you want that sorry bloke back then you ought to walk away right now, because he isn't coming back!"

My eyes water and before I can drop my head in embarrassment, he gets up and storms up to me.

I stand too, and in an instant, Thomas presses his lips to mine. He grabs me by the arms, squeezing me into place. I moan into his mouth, and feel as though nothing has ever been so important. Run! My brain screams. But at the same time, this kind of love was perfect.

Our teeth clashed and no matter how tight I held him, it wasn't enough. I was disgustingly addicted to Thomas Shelby. And I know it's not because we've been together for long because, hell, my parents knew each other at the age of five and fell in love at sixteen but they don't touch each other today.
It's not that Thomas and I are childhood lovers, no, it's something else. Something about his eyes, and his lips, and his hair, and his scent that I am ravenously addicted to. There was nothing in this world that could possibly be more important than this man in front of me. A single kiss of Thomas's was worth dying for. I loved Thomas Shelby so much. Too much.

He lifted me, I wrapped my legs around his torso and smiled as he walked me to the bed. And when my back came in contact with the mattress, I sunk, bringing him with me. He parted my legs, pushing them apart as he laid between them. I touched his hair, touched his neck and began to undo his shirt when he grabbed my hands and forced them above my head. I felt myself get dizzy as he kissed me, his tongue inspecting my mouth. I poured my heart into him, and heard him undoing his belt. It was all so fast, I shut my eyes and wanted to grab him, touch him, but he commands my hands over my head again. "Thomas-" I plead breathlessly.

"I need you now, Joanna." He said, his eyes were lost, he stood with his erect penis out that had been inside another woman not even a month ago.

I look at him, into his dark blue eyes and wish he had taken everything off, a sudden punch in the gut. A revelation that this only seems like a fuck.

No, I want Thomas to make passionate love to me. That's slow and builds. As I try to talk to him without words, he leans in and kisses me. I arch my back and wish I was naked, I want to feel his body heat against mine. Still, Thomas doesn't allow me the luxury. Instead, he flips me over and my chest crashes into the mattress. He puts his hand on the back of my head and I gasp as he pulls my dress over my ass and drags down my underwear. I close my eyes and try remember Benjamin's soft touches. The love making, the glory, the sunrise, his skin, my skin. This doesn't feel right, no, no, before he's able to touch me, I push him off of me.

The mattress sinks beside me and Thomas Shelby tried again. I pull away and stand, tugging down my dress and fixing the straps. I look at him, his pants in a puddle by his ankles, his shoes and shirt still on. I'm reminded of when we were mad teens in love. Tearing off our clothes and fucking with our shoes still on. But we aren't teenagers anymore, Thomas and I are in our respectable thirties. This isn't right.

"Is that how you fucked him?" Thomas asks me. "You let him rough you up? Fuck you hard?"

I notice how defeated he is and shake my head.

I pull my hair out of its flimsy hair tie and walk towards him. I sit on his lap, despite being fully clothed and push him to lay down. Straddling Thomas, I bring my lips to his ear, "You'll never fuck me like I mean nothing to you again." I force out. "Do you understand me?" I whisper, and pull back. I brush my nose against him, hearing him chuckle.

He leans in and catches me by surprise, kissing me as his warm hands inch up my thighs. He pulls down my underwear successfully this time. I taste him and shut my eyes as I get aroused by the idea of Thomas fucking Lizzie. I tell myself I need help, feeling the blood rush to my hips, I spread my legs after kicking off my underwear. Thomas tells me to lick his fingers, and I do so, watching his reaction.

"You want me to make love to you, don't you, Jo?"

I nod, just as he pulls his fingers out. I lick my lips, before finally his fingers skim my sex. I groan loudly just as Thomas flips me over. I'm on my back now, and he spreads my legs and peers over me. Thomas pulls back his fingers, he tells me to taste myself and in heat, I do so. Then, before I can do anything more, he grabs the back of my neck and kisses me hard. His tongue grazes mine.

His cock touched me and I shiver. Without thinking, I reach from between my legs and grab his cock but Thomas laughs. "No, no. Not yet." He whisper.

"Ey?" He says. I open my eyes to find him staring down at me. "Not yet."

"Please." I beg him, and he doesn't move. He doesn't fill me up or kiss me, he doesn't try to seduce me more by fucking me.

Instead, he brings his lips to my ear and whispers, "I'll see you tomorrow, sweetheart."

I watch in dismay as Thomas Shelby walks away.