Handmade Heaven (request)

Anonbaby: Don't know if requests are open but can I have one if so with Tommy where you were in a past relationship and have a little girl, but now you're with Tommy and he's took her on like she's his own daughter? And even in family meetings he's not afraid to hold her and play with her? X

an:::: this is season 1 Tommy. enjoy! I really loved this story. I miss season 1 Tommy. also - i know the riverdale chick is significantly younger than t shelby but who cares? as long as she's of age. idk whats going on with me but i'm so obsessed with writing this long ass imagines ! lol

You were everything to him, effortlessly, undeniably everything. There was no one more perfect to Tommy Shelby than you, he can still remember the day you stepped into his office. You had teared down the 'help wanted' sign the company had posted in a pub, you were dripping wet from the suddenly showers of rain one April afternoon. You looked at him, holding up the sign, Hi, I'm y/n and I'd like to apply for the open bookkeeper position.

He didn't know of it was your self determination or how fiercely independent you were. But Tommy was intrigued. Hell, the entire Shelby clan was! You were classy, shy, and never asked too many questions. You did your job and it was more than anyone else was doing in the Shelby Company.

Normally, Tommy Shelby would walk past his employees. Give you no attention, pay you no mind, but every so often, he'd approach your desk asking if you needed anything. He did it because he fancied you, now, Tommy didn't know what he was madly obsessed with, but it was something, something strong.

"In what world does the boss ask his employee if they need anything?" Polly once asked Tommy, she had a sly smirk on her face, as she observed Tommy and your relationship.

Tommy blushed, managing to work his way around the question. "I figured in order to be a good boss, to a legitimate business, making my employees happy is quite important".

She scoffs, "Well then," Polly nods towards Lizzie Starke who has got her nose in everyone's business. Especially Tommy's, "Start sprinkling some of that attitude Lizzie's way, ey?"

Of course Tommy didn't take a word of what Polly suggested. Instead, he pursued you until you finally gave in.

"You know, you've begun working for me three months ago and you've only now allowed me to take you out." Tommy remarks, watching as you eat. He quickly realized he liked watching you eat, hell, he liked the intimate space between the two of youse.

"Yes well," You chew on your steak, that falls apart in your mouth. It's absolutely divine, Tommy's taken you to the best restaurant in all of Birmingham. Had a private booth in the back waiting for the two of youse.

You look into his crystal blue eyes, wondering why you? You just kept records in the books of their finances, nothing more. Lighting your glass of wine, you bring the glass to your lips, take a sip of the deep red liquid and swallow. It calms your mind, and your heart. "I've got other... responsibilities outside of work." You add, not wanting to drop the ball about your daughter.

Gemma, your five year old, is your entire world. You don't share the news of your daughter to anyone and everyone. As a woman who had a child without being married, the scrutiny you'd imagine to face is damaging.

That's why, when your shift ended at five, you were out the door not a minute later. That's why, when Tommy asked you out on a date, you refused and refused, and refused. Because Gemma had to be picked up from the neighbours house. And being a working mum sucked, every time you dropped Gem's off at the neighbours house you'd fight off tears hearing your sweet little girl cry out for mum. Begging you to stay and play with her.

The only reason you were able to accept Tommy's dinner date this time was because your mum had finally come to town to visit you and Gemma. She was staying over, which meant, a sleepover for Gem. With that, you take another sip of wine and relax even more, setting yourself back in your chair as Tommy continues to study you.